My Puck Air Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helopilot2be

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Puck Air. Had it in the pool tonight for the first time. It worked quite well. However, I was going through the logbook function after the dive and I was sitting in low light. Should the backlight function in this mode? If so what am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I need to set? Or maybe it only works when "wet." The manual's only reference to a backlight is that it stays on momentarily.
Also, there seems to be a hard plastic cover over the lens. It traps water droplets and makes it hard to read out of the water. Was I supposed to take that off? Thanks for any help you guys (or Zak) can provide.
Chris

Last edited:
I can answer your last question...no you don't take the hard plastic off. It's there to protect the screen. Most computers have them and it's hard to read most computers out of the water until all the water dries from behind the screen.

Either wait for it to dry or get it wet to read your info.

I don't have that specific computer and cannot answer the backlight question. I don't use the backlight on any of my computers. I always have a dive light and just shine that light on the computer. The backlight uses more battery power and in many cases depending on your eye sight it's not bright enough anyway.

I'm sure you'll get a more complete answer soon.

Hi,

Sounds like you have your questions have been answered. I do not believe the backlight works in the log book mode. I think the reality is most using the log book function are going to be out of the water when viewing and therefor some ambient light should be available for viewing the screen. As for the plastic piece, it is not designed to be taken off and on in between dives. and I agree with the gcbryan, either shake it out a little to remove water, wait for it to dry, or resubmerge, this should help.

Best regards,

Thanks Zak. I appreciate your time on the board! And thanks to everyone else. I got my computer wet (in the pool) and it made most of it way easier to understand.
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom