My scanner's mended!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm ready to leave today! Unfortunately I'd be three weeks early. Yes we're at the Pearl Beach in Bora Bora, Kia Ora in rangiroa, Pearl Beach in Manihi and a small place in Moorea called Fare Vai Moana.

Just got a pt010 for my olympus and I'm looking for a strobe. I'll post pics when we get back. In the mean time all I can do is keep looking at the shots from you and Jim.

At the moment !!!!!!!!

That’s a nice itinerary that you and Jim came up with!!! When we get back :wink: Manihi will be on the itinerary ( we really liked it there ) but Rangiroa will also be a stop ….we were on the atoll twice , coming and going from Manihi ……for a total of about 45 minutes…..and I wished we had spent more time on Moorea…..I was surprised at its tranquility ….. After seeing the waters of Moorea I wished we had dived there but time didn’t permit……I’ll try to get a few more Picture up for you to get your engine going…….I’m telling you its getting mine going again!!!!!

Great choice staying at Pearl Beach ….. Wendy at Blue Nui took us around and showed us the bungalows…..they were very nice……plus your right there at the Dive Center…Let me try to attach a few photos ……
Not that we were skeptical ….. but we found it hard to believe that there could be such a Beautiful place on earth as portrayed in the brochures…….Until we got there……Its truly mystical !!!!
I think I’m more wound up for your trip than I was for ours…….AS now I know what your in for!!!!!

What strobe are you looking at ???

Heres a very famous peak on Moorea......The one and only Bali Hai

Seemed everywhere you looked there were reef critters. This is a sample of how clear the water was on Moorea....This was on a dock the secured the first ferry (no longer in use) that was used to transport everything from Tahiti to Moorea....water was 3-5 feet deep....then dropped off on a wall.....made you want to jump in and swim with the fishes!!!!

In the U/W photo section in the thread about Olympus accessories I posted two very smallpanoramas ......One on Bora Bora from the " Motu" and the other is Opunohu Bay

Clear waters!!!

Scott..thanks for all the pics. I'm not sure if they're helping my impatience any. 3 weeks from today we'll be there!

As far as strobes go....Dee has suggested the S&S YS90DX. I went and looked at one yesterday. I also looked at the S&S YS25DX. A bit smaller, but, seemed to maybe be what I need to start with. I'm sure that if nothing else it will work for this trip and I can use it as a secondary if I end up with something else (90DX) later. Any opinions?

Oh how I wish we were going back in the near future!!!!

Bacchus once bubbled...
Scott..thanks for all the pics. I'm not sure if they're helping my impatience any. 3 weeks from today we'll be there!

As far as strobes go....Dee has suggested the S&S YS90DX. I went and looked at one yesterday. I also looked at the S&S YS25DX. A bit smaller, but, seemed to maybe be what I need to start with. I'm sure that if nothing else it will work for this trip and I can use it as a secondary if I end up with something else (90DX) later. Any opinions?

Dee is a huge asset to the photo section (as well as other sections) and always has very well researched answers to share.....we talked frequently about the gear I finally purchased.....

The S&S strobe ....well many own them so you know they have to be good...me…I went with the DS-125 (Ikelite) I personally got hung up on a few of the features of this strobe....however it was about $300-400 more than the S&S 90 strobe.....I also liked what I read on wetpixel about it.....But get what you are comfortable with…. either way you cant go wrong ....its all about personal preference.......I like your idea of getting the DS 25 for now....especially if your not tangling with a wide angle lens yet..and then maybe using it later as a fill strobe ....... I too have thought of getting Ikelites smaller strobe... DS-50 as a fill strobe ...... but I really like the DS-125 and now I hear that the DS-125 has a power control to fine tune the intensity of the flash.....similar to the S&S 90 series .....

Hey Scott...

Were the electric outlets in FP standard two prong European? I'm going to need to charge batteries etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom