my skin turns red after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone,
I didn't think it was mask squeeze as it happens to my entire cheek area and chin. I also don't know if it would be something in the ocean as I'm also diving at the Long Beach aquarium.
The majority of my dives are fairly shallow and about an hour long.
I was wondering if it was something I'm using on my skin, I only have one or two "new" products which I started using around xmas. I'm trying to cut out one at a time and see if that makes a difference. Unfortunately it's my soap and toner (both Burt's Bees) so they're tougher to give up.

I'll look into the rosacea and eczema and see anything rings a bell. My aunt works for my dermatologist so I plan on giving her a call. It's tough to coordinate so that she or the doc could actually see me when it's happening.

Strangely enough, this happened Thursday night/Friday after diving. It happened again Saturday afternoon after diving, but it didn't really happen much after yesterday's dive. I am red but I'm not "hot" like the other days.

thanks everyone

BurBunny:
Similarly, as a naturally fair person, sometimes you don't shed heat efficiently (the capillaries in those of northern heritage are often good at retaining core heat, not shedding excess through perspiration). This can cause a reddening of the face with even mild exertion.

I wonder if this has something to do with it actually. Our water is pretty cold (52' this weekend!!!) and I wonder if my skin is reacting to the air being 10-20 degrees warmer than the water.
I do turn red when I work out or even drink.
thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom