My son is on his way home from Afghanistan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My son, Staff Sargent Joshua E. Lapenta, is now on a plane heading home:D to Nebraska where he is stationed at Offut AFB.

He left Afghanistan on Wednesday, flew to Ramstein, then to Ft. Bragg for debriefing (he deployed with Spec Ops, he is USAF Intelligence). Got stuck there for a day because all flights to Omaha were booked (personally for military going home I'd give up my seat or let em bump me).

Caught a red eye to Detroit and is now on his way to Omaha and his GF. I most likely won't get to see him till August but at least he is back on US soil! Proud and happy dad here!! Welcome home son!!

He went over December 3rd. Oh and he informed me he is reupping for another 6 years! GO AIR FORCE!

Good to hear; I am sure you will sleep somewhat easier

Please thank him for his service. :thumb: My mother and father met and married in the Air Force...

That's great news Jim. Thanks to your son.

Great news, Jim

Back
Top Bottom