My Turbo Soles---Need a Better Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pook-60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy

I bought my TLS-350 on EBay a number of years ago and have really enjoyed what your company has put together. Great quality, great protection and safe.

But, getting a little older now and I've always struggled getting past my instep & ankle when pushing into the turbo-soles. The bottom portion of the assembly where my foot settles fits fine...just getting past the "bend" where the front of my ankle will settle is a real chore. Long feet, likely too small a turbo-sole and I'm not nearly as flexible as I used to be. In fact...I get concerned about tearing the suit given I pull hard the leg hard while pushing hard with my feet into the turbo-sole.

So...need to replace the turbo-soles...I think. My assumption is: If we go to a turbo-sole size more in keeping with my feet (versus the previous owner)...I won't struggle putting the suit on. All that said...I've got a few questions:

1. Is my "Buy a bigger foot size" assumption correct?
2. How do I size my feet so we get this right the first time?
3. Once you receive the suit...what's the turn-time to replace the turbo-soles?
4. Given I'm military in a remote location (APO address), can you support shipping back to me? (I'd pay of course)

Thanks Much
Dane

If the inside of your suit is damp the glue down there will stick to anything, and there is quite a lot of glue in a narrow place there.
You could try to either use unscented talcum powder down there or a plastic-bag with hole in the bottom over your foot just to see if the foot will slide down more easily.

Thanks for the reply Lumin but my issue remains...too much foot for too little space. You do raise a good point for others.

So...I called the service department at DUI and (although I can't remember the young lady's name) she was very helpful. Solution will be to mount a custom turbo-sole to the suit that will accommodate the furthest distance between my heel and the front of my ankle. If you're having trouble getting your own "heel/ankle assembly" through the narrowest part of the turbo-sole this may be an option for you.

Dane

Justa quick note to say DUI did a great job of widening the "stovepipe" of the turbosole. My foot slipped right past the ankle area without breaking a sweat to get it through. I'll no longer be the last guy to be ready on a boat dive!

Janet did a great job...many thanks!
Dane

Back
Top Bottom