My Underwater #360VR Journey from the other side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

and the resulting video

I've switched to a 3D Printed 7 camera array for my system but still using the V1 H6ScubaH6 mini-domes. The 7 camera array without domes is not stichable, but I find with them, that the extra camera allows for nicer stitching and more overlap so I get less dome reflection/edge distortion.

Where did you locate mini domes? Like I said in my other post. I also have a 3d printed 7 camera array with hero 4 silvers and horrible parallax issues when using templates to stitch.

Where did you find the domes? As I mentioned in the other thread, I also have a 3d printed 7 camera array with Hero 4 Silvers, and issues stitching w/ parallax that I believe the domes will correct.

I scavenged the domes off a previous 360 unit. I believe that they were made for 360heros/rize by Snake River Protoyping but have reached out to Snake River (both left phone messages and emailed) and gotten no response.

If you do manage to locate a set, the first thing to do is change out the flat glass (either clear or colored as filter) as It's not nearly strong enough for even moderate recreational depths. Secondly you'll need to modify your gopro's as the focus doesn't work with small domes and footage will always be soft. I have yet to see truly crisp footage from any system other than one with modified gopro's (even with the new top of line).

As you mentioned in your other post, the 6 camera cage design is -just- stitchable underwater if you are very careful and don't shoot anything within like 15'+ of the array the further away the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom