My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 85s, which are very similar, and Edd has 100s.

Thanks! I'd like to train on what I have. New movie coming!

I moved the 'doghouse' so they're both even. I also shortened the bungies a smidgen.

But this is the pull cord, in front and accessible.

Yep, got it . . . I've just been questioning the need for an extension since I find it quite comfortable to reach up by my left ear.

The doghouse plates are equal from the back (left was 1/2 longer than right).

Shortened the bungees about 2".

:huh: My dump port is by left ear. What's his doing way back there? :idk:

Uh oh... I see more shoulder strap adjustments in your future. can you post a similar photo of your rig?

Also, tried to view the video but I get a message that it's a private video.

:blush: Gosh, guys, I'm sorry! I don't know how that got private. It's public now. :)

Looks like you're not listing anymore. :D How did it feel?

Looks like you're not listing anymore. :D How did it feel?

The list almost gone - still just a bit there . . . May I play with moving the doghouse? :) With the exception of the 'heaviness', I find the whole thing really maneuverable. It's like driving a loaded truck - it takes just a bit "umph". And, of course, dealing with drop when I exhale.

Here's another - ignore the excuse for a backkick, please . . .

Last edited:
Looks like the right side of the wing isn't even with the left side. How do you have the wing attachments on the waist strap? They should be locked into the doghouses so they don't slide along the strap. Use a belt slide to keep the doghouses in place. If you can post some pics of that area of the rig, as well, it would be helpful. You also need to make sure the top of the wing hasn't ridden down on the harness. Pull it up before you put it on. A permanent way to ensure it doesn't ride down is to position webbing on the wing that goes around the shoulder strap in between the 2 layers of shoulder strap on the opposite side of the belt slide. I'll post pics tomorrow if you don't understand what I'm staying. (working tonight)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom