My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re - position of the exhaust port -

Don't forget to click "refresh" to collaps the spoiler after viewing.

20101018_SM_exhaust_9_.JPG

20101018_SM_exhaust_10_.JPG

Maybe not quite under my ear, but it seems to feel that way!

Last edited:
Looks like the right side of the wing isn't even with the left side. How do you have the wing attachments on the waist strap? They should be locked into the doghouses so they don't slide along the strap. Use a belt slide to keep the doghouses in place. If you can post some pics of that area of the rig, as well, it would be helpful. You also need to make sure the top of the wing hasn't ridden down on the harness. Pull it up before you put it on. A permanent way to ensure it doesn't ride down is to position webbing on the wing that goes around the shoulder strap in between the 2 layers of shoulder strap on the opposite side of the belt slide. I'll post pics tomorrow if you don't understand what I'm staying. (working tonight)

I would be interested in seeing your pics. Especially since I am constantly reminding Mike to unscrunch his wing.

Looks like the right side of the wing isn't even with the left side. How do you have the wing attachments on the waist strap? They should be locked into the doghouses so they don't slide along the strap. Use a belt slide to keep the doghouses in place. If you can post some pics of that area of the rig, as well, it would be helpful. You also need to make sure the top of the wing hasn't ridden down on the harness. Pull it up before you put it on. A permanent way to ensure it doesn't ride down is to position webbing on the wing that goes around the shoulder strap in between the 2 layers of shoulder strap on the opposite side of the belt slide. I'll post pics tomorrow if you don't understand what I'm staying. (working tonight)

Don't forget to click "refresh" to collaps the spoiler after viewing.

20101018_Wing_on_waist_strap.JPG

Last edited:
Alright, even though you can reach up to the pull dump, it might not always be that easy. It needs to be in the same place all the time and easy to reach. You should route it down along the shoulder strap. Darn! No more messing with the shoulder straps! :wink:

You also need to trap your wing attachments to the waist strap. They have to much room to move around and this can/will cause the wing to be lopsided. You can simply move the d-ring on the right side so it's snug against the doghouse and get a belt slide for the left side to keep it snug, too. Or move the doghouses out a little more and position the wing attachments in between them like mine.

nomad%20rig%20003.jpg

Here's the way I have my rig set up so the wing doesn't bunch up on itself at the top.

nomadmod010.jpg

Alright, even though you can reach up to the pull dump, it might not always be that easy. It needs to be in the same place all the time and easy to reach. You should route it down along the shoulder strap. Darn! No more messing with the shoulder straps! :wink:

:flowers: :Kissy: :worship:

Rob,

Thanks for posting these pics and suggestions. My hubby is checking out his rig now, cuz he does have the issue of the wing scrunching up under the shoulder straps.

Will you be in attendance at the NACD conference? If so, I'll tell Mike to look you up.

Well, Mikey is a happy camper. After seeing the above pics, he realized that was the fix he needed. But rather than watching him stare dumbly at his rig, I took it over, and had it re-webbed in no time. He says it's so nice to have a professional at home, to tweet his gear. I think he was impressed that could do it practically blind-folded.

Rob,

Thanks for posting these pics and suggestions. My hubby is checking out his rig now, cuz he does have the issue of the wing scrunching up under the shoulder straps.

Will you be in attendance at the NACD conference? If so, I'll tell Mike to look you up.

Yes, I'll be at the workshop.

Tomorrow, I'm going to adjust my left doghouse back a smidgen (that's a technical measurement: smidgen), and have the wing slides locked down. :D

Hope everyone is having a grand weekend!

Back
Top Bottom