Myrtle Beach Diving & snorkeling recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a family trip to North Myrtle last June. I went out with Coastal Scuba on couple dives our first day there. NC offshore diving 20 miles out was a lot rougher seas than I was used to in the Gulf. Never got seasick but of the 16 divers only half made the 2nd dive. Three never made the first. About 6-8 ft swells. Capn said was dead calm day before. Just be prepared. No snorkelling to be had. We visited the aquarium and the alligator farm. Good luck and have fun.

Don't waste time or money on diving/snorkeling the Myrtle Beach area. As stated above what makes it a good beach resort kills the makings of a good dive locale.

Just returned from Mrytle Beach today. As some have said, snorkeling is not so good, but if you want to dive, then Costal Scuba is a good outfit. They have several wrecks such as The Sherman, which was a civil war blockade runner. Imagine exploring a ship that was sunk in 1874! Any diving beats no diving! I'll post a dive report in a few.

Back
Top Bottom