N. D. Limits on Watch Band ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So clearly I know what N. D. Limits are, but why is this printed on the band of some dive watches? Is there a table on the watch somewhere? Can you use the watch to set up your N. D. Limits or something? What's the deal mate? Thanks Dudes!

Example:

http://www.mydivewatch.com/images/cit-bj2004-08e.jpg

Those are citizen's dive watches. The watches don't have any of the functions of a dive computer, the tables are just printed there to help you plan your dives. They dont' do anything to allow for repetitive diving or anything.

Brent

The NDLs are printed on the band farther down. You can't see them in that picture -- on the portion of the band that's out of view there's a simple table of depths and NDL times.

glenn

hunter991:
Those are citizen's dive watches. The watches don't have any of the functions of a dive computer, the tables are just printed there to help you plan your dives. They dont' do anything to allow for repetitive diving or anything.

Brent
They do, however work as a bottom timer and depth gauge...so one could.. for a single dive, sort of use the information... but I think it is because it looks cool..I have that watch by the way.

Those are the Navy dive tables, by the way...and I have looked at them just for a quick reminder if I am diving deeper than 100 ft....

Thanks for the responses fellas.

My DOXA Sub has the No Deco limits, the traditional Navy limits on the bezel, DOXA has done this for years. They are a good reminder and look cool and that is about it. Most people, myself included, who have dived the tables for decades can compute on the fly. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom