N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gibby,

Any update on the 64bit Windows 7 version? I just received the PC download kit and really do not want to setup a desktop with Windows XP just for this application.

Thanks,

Eddie

Would not install for me at all.
I have been messing with it when time allows but so far no good...

I have reinstalled XP on a machine to get a copy of my logs then I'm going to delegate this computer to backup use only and try my luck with something else for electronic logging. I have too many dives in memory that need to get onto paper or hard drive.

I have reinstalled XP on a machine to get a copy of my logs then I'm going to delegate this computer to backup use only and try my luck with something else for electronic logging. I have too many dives in memory that need to get onto paper or hard drive.
Depending on your OS you may wish to consider jdivelog (free) or divinglog (34 Euro)

I personally like jdivelog as it runs on Java and therefore basically in every single platform. To me that means that it runs on my wife's mac, my work's windoze or my personal ubuntu box.

Jdivelog is capable of downloading Suunto and some Uwatec computers as well as importing log files from a large number of other proprietary log books such as Seiko.

Hopefully one day Jdivelog will be able to download Seiko computers as well. Consumers still need to buy the clothes peg so, in my opinion, it should be in the best interest of Seiko to allow other programs to download data from their computers. This is a case of more availability is better.

Still its Seiko's/Zeagle's decision.

D

Trust me.
Its all on Seiko.

Yes mate, I know you are in a tight space.

Is there any way I could obtain the email address of the responsible person in Seiko.

I swear I will be more than polite, respectful and any other thing you wish to add into the mix. The issue probably needs to be escalated to someone who is not between a rock and a hard place. I'll actually make sure the email is written in proper jap and that it is culturally correct.

Best regards,

D

Ok boys, just because I love you.... (Sadly that is of no use to me because I use Linux.)

Try this one. I am sure it will solve all your headaches.

Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

It is an XP virtual machine for Windoze 7 supplied by Microcrap so (although I haven't tested it) I am quite sure that it should solve all the Windoze 7 compatibility crap.

Best regards (and merry Xmas)

D

PS. you need a licensed copy of XP or vista tu install into the VM.

If this thread is still active I am thinking of purchasing a N2ition 3. I currently have a Gekko but thinking that will be a great computer for my wife who is currently in OW classes and I am working on my AOW and like the fact that the N2ition has a digital compass. But one thing I hate about the Gekko is not being able to download info to the PC, Zeagle has software for downloading to PC but I have a couple of questions, does anyone have a sample of the software or screen pics to compare to say Suunto's dive manager screens? Also has anyone ever tried the MACDive software for MAC (our home PC is a MAC)? If so do you know if the Zeagle interface will work for that as well.

Thanks for any information in advance!

In addition the above I am also thinking about the Suunto Vyper, similar price, also a digital compass, and will fit into my Suunto console but I use my gekko on my wrist anyway. but my LDS has the Zeagle N2ition. So comparing.

In addition the above I am also thinking about the Suunto Vyper, similar price, also a digital compass, and will fit into my Suunto console but I use my gekko on my wrist anyway. but my LDS has the Zeagle N2ition. So comparing.
Hi BobinNC,

Depends what you want to do with these computers and how you feel about the algorithm. Make sure you are comfortable with:

· The algorithm. The RGBM algorithm is largely a scientific model but a number of researchers believe it has little "formal" testing. Please, don't believe me. Search for the proceedings of the Deep Stop Decompression Procedures Workshop. Buhlman in turn is widely tested but is deemed by other group of researchers as a thing of the past. So pick the model you want but be aware of the differences and risks between the models.
· Algorithm implementation. Both Suunto and Seiko have implemented modified versions of the respective mainstream models. There is no public information of what has been changed, however, it can be inferred that Seiko introduced a bunch of rules to make the model more conservative (legal liability) and that Suunto has implemented a watered down “M value compartment” version of RGBM as they would need a large computer and power supply to implement the real thing. There is no publicly available information of the safety of either implementation. Again don’t believe me just try google. Your problem will be that every computer manufacturer in the market has done the same thing so if you trust none of them then use the tables.
· Algorithm evolution. Although the differences between the models are unknown I can absolutely tell you that different Suunto computers will give you different decompression profiles. That is, as the Suunto RGBM research evolves the newer computers receive the newer model. As an example a Suunto mosquito, a Vtech and a Vtech DS will give you different stops and deco profiles. I know because I have dived at the same time with two of them attached to my wrist. One algorithm is a recreational implementation, the other one is a technical and the last one is the “latest” technical version that includes deep stops. So figure out which one is best for which kind of diving.
· Gases. If you are planning to engage into multiple gases then the N2ition is the way to go unless you compare the apples with apples. N2ition would need to be compared to the Suunto Vtech and the N2ition 3 to the Suunto Vtech DS. The Vtech has wireless pressure control but that comes at a price. Then again if you will engage into tech diving you will need a large number of transmitters (three at least) to fully use the capabilities of the DS. It all adds to the price.

Side note on the N2ition. The download software works on XP but is struggling to work in 64 bit versions so just be aware of it. It will work one day but that is largely dependant on Seiko rather than Zeagle.

Apart from that the N2ition is a good computer.

Back
Top Bottom