N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this thread is still active I am thinking of purchasing a N2ition 3. I currently have a Gekko but thinking that will be a great computer for my wife who is currently in OW classes and I am working on my AOW and like the fact that the N2ition has a digital compass. But one thing I hate about the Gekko is not being able to download info to the PC, Zeagle has software for downloading to PC but I have a couple of questions, does anyone have a sample of the software or screen pics to compare to say Suunto's dive manager screens? Also has anyone ever tried the MACDive software for MAC (our home PC is a MAC)? If so do you know if the Zeagle interface will work for that as well.

Thanks for any information in advance!

I love my Zeagle computer, but Suunto's software is infinitely better. You can also "hack" a Gekko to download very easily. You can find the software to do it here: Suunto Tools

If you want to wade through the thread on Scubaboard and glean out all the info on it, go here: Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

I use it, and it works great.

I love my Zeagle computer, but Suunto's software is infinitely better. You can also "hack" a Gekko to download very easily. You can find the software to do it here: Suunto Tools

If you want to wade through the thread on Scubaboard and glean out all the info on it, go here: Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

I use it, and it works great.

Thanks Firefyter, if I understand correctly the software basically converts your Gekko to the Vyper? Or another way to ask is when the software is running in Comm 1 (and I assume I need to get the Sunnto cable for the Vyper) and your Gekko is connected do you select "Vyper" or "Gekko" in the "convert to" box before pressing "Do it"? Then open Suunto Dive Manager Program and all will work just as the Vyper?

Hi BobinNC,

Depends what you want to do with these computers and how you feel about the algorithm. Make sure you are comfortable with:

Thanks Dmainou, so far I have compared to other dive computers that buddies are wearing on dives and my Gekko is typically more conservative than the others. If I get the N2ition 3 I will wear them both for a couple of dives to compare. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Dmainou, so far I have compared to other dive computers that buddies are wearing on dives and my Gekko is typically more conservative than the others. If I get the N2ition 3 I will wear them both for a couple of dives to compare. Thanks for the advice.

Hi BobinNC,

Depends what you call conservative. As I said before, read the deep deco stop procedures (its free) more not necessarily is better. (especially with limited amounts of gas). The depths are also important.

Further to that the real differences are on the repetitive diving. Especially on multi-gass, multi day decompression. Very hard to compare.

BTW you might be surprised at times the NDL of both. The N2 regularly has shorter NDL but then again after three days of multi gassing the suunto (which doesn't) simply gets bent as I'm not staying another 30 min down there.

I use my suunto as backup only.

D

Taken to pm.

Last edited:
OK.... so now I am at the point I did not want to be.

For whatever reason my "low battery" indicator is ON. It is ON within 6 months of buying the computer but that is a matter for discussion on a different day.

If I change the battery for this weekend's dive I will loose my dive log information.

Please HEEEEEELLLLLLPP!

I have had the battery out already, and all my dive log info remained. I think at worse, you will lose current info such as being between dives and surface interval times and outgassing. However, all the past dive info's (upto 60? right?) will be saved.

I have had the battery out already, and all my dive log info remained. I think at worse, you will lose current info such as being between dives and surface interval times and outgassing. However, all the past dive info's (upto 60? right?) will be saved.

That is good to know...

BTW. It seems my battery was cold and lost power as the symbol disappeared after running it into some tempered water.

I haven't used the computer since.

The dive log stayed in memory but the repetitive dive info was lost when I had to change mine over. Backup computer is good to have.

Back
Top Bottom