NACD Apprentice with Dan Patterson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rookers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just returned from FL, having completed Cavern, Introduction to Cave, and Apprentice Cave with Dan Patterson. I arrived having completed DIR/F (provisional) and some TDI technical training.
The training with Dan was excellent. He is a great diver, with outstanding skills. He is also very observant, and immediately zeroed in on the areas I needed work. He will surprise you every once in a while, but in a way that makes for excellent training. He is also remarkably articulate and understandable when yelling at you through his regulator (!).

We dove Orange Grove Sink, Peacock II, completing the traverse to Olsen and a full circuit in 3 dives, Little River, and then Devil's Eye and Ear, finishing a circuit in a pair of dives. All in all a tremendous experience.

I would also like to plug Dive Outpost, near Peacock. Cathy, the proprietess, is an excellent hostess and my family and I felt at home while staying there. She has a DNaX system and the fills are abundant.

I highly recommend both Dan Patterson and Dive Outpost.

Dan is a great instructor and an all-around nice guy. The cave community could use more like him.

Johnny

Where is Dan working now? I was gonna sign up for cave with him when he was teaching at 40 Fathom Grotto but he split before I could sign up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom