NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i do
and it doesn't surprise me at all with this particular instructor. i dont think anyone is all that shocked

This is a bit vague, don't you think?
It would be cool if we could discuss and figure out the standards violations that lead to the suspension.

And it would be awfully helpful if we could receive more information as to why something that is taught for another agency violates the standards of the NACD.
Secondly, it would be great to hear where the limitations for the Intro certifications are, since I can't find them in the standards.

This is a bit vague, don't you think?
It would be cool if we could discuss and figure out the standards violations that lead to the suspension.

And it would be awfully helpful if we could receive more information as to why something that is taught for another agency violates the standards of the NACD.
Secondly, it would be great to hear where the limitations for the Intro certifications are, since I can't find them in the standards.

yea it's a bit vague i guess. i was answering the question. i really think it was about training violations
as to discussing what particular violation occurred i will leave you to it and i'll wait to see what comes of the nacd investigation

Secrets and 'gag orders'?

rick hasn't given me any reason to think he wont be forthcoming
if these guys didn't want to sign a nondisclosure agreement i dont think the NACD and their lawyers put a gun to their heads.

i do
and it doesn't surprise me at all with this particular instructor. i dont think anyone is all that shocked

~9 BOD removals/resignations and several lifetime members booted in less than three years. When was the last time a NACD instructor was booted? Why was that instructor booted? Did it take a (figurative) gun to someone's head, firings, resignations, and public outcry to boot the previous instructor?

Again, not defending RN, but he's had the trimix/cave I thing going on since before he was ever appointed.

I submit that it only "matters" now because it fits an agenda.

~9 BOD removals/resignations and several lifetime members booted in less than three years. When was the last time a NACD instructor was booted? Why was that instructor booted? Did it take a (figurative) gun to someone's head, firings, resignations, and public outcry to boot the previous instructor?

Again, not defending RN, but he's had the trimix/cave I thing going on since before he was ever appointed.

I submit that it only "matters" now because it fits an agenda.

i dont care about any of those politics. i'm not a member.
rick promised to clean house a couple weeks ago and now he's doing it. i'm all for it.

everyone seems butthurt about all the shufflings a couple years back over the johnny richards cocaine thing. but all i care about is drumming out the bad instructors producing bad divers

So I looked at the NACD instructor listing and they only have 36 instructors listed. I doubt all of those are active so does anyone have any idea how many active instructors they actuall have. If a 1/3 are inactive that would mean they only have about 24 active instructors. This to me sounds really small. Does this sound about right or an agency in a death spiral?

Eric: I'd much rather have a small, core group of competent instructors than a large mass of incompetent fools. I'm not saying anybody in this or any other agency is or isn't competent, I'm making a general statement. Think of how well GUE controls its quality and how many instructors there are. Now think of one of the big, rec agencies. If it becomes synonymous with quality, it won't matter how many instructors the NACD currently has. If it becomes synonymous with failures, death-spirals, bad instructors, and drama....it also won't matter how many instructors the NACD currently has.

Victor that is nice in theory but it takes money to run an agency and with a small number of instructors that makes it harder to get enough money coming in to pay the light bill. I think GUE has done an excellent job of positioning themselves as the high end training agency. Do you really think the NACD would ever be able to overtake them in this segment of the market. Now with all the other training agencies out there what is NACD's market going to be? If the high end is taken and you are getting killed by numerous other agencies what is left? Remember the market for cave instruction is small. I have heard it said that 3% of the US population dives and less than 3% of that population cave dives. I really don't see them growing much. It is sad but the NACD and CDS are very likely going to be gone in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom