NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oooh, the CDS speaks!

Welcome to the party Jim!

ummm no, that was Jim speaking. I am sure if the CDS wants to make a statement it will be clear it is a CDS statement.

Welcome to the ranks of X NACD BOD/Committee Members/Volunteers (This number is extremely high)

The NSS-CDS needs dedicated volunteers and they are moving forwards to much bigger and better things.

That is where I am putting my money and time!

Curt
I resign all positions during the April Meeting. I have been the CDS's Conservation Chair since June and am very happy at the CDS.

That was me, just me speaking my opinion and relaying my observations.:kiss2:

This is just my opinion but think its a good idea for all non profits to have independant audits from time to time for the membership. This will help members have better trust of the people that are running a non profits and help remove any temtations of officers. That saying "Follow the money is important". A lot of times money has a lot to do with an organization.

Secondly having to sign a non discloseure agreement that lasts even if you leave, makes people not think an organization is not being honest. Again this is just my opinion.
Tom

This is just my opinion but think its a good idea for all non profits to have independant audits from time to time for the membership. This will help members have better trust of the people that are running a non profits and help remove any temtations of officers. That saying "Follow the money is important". A lot of times money has a lot to do with an organization.

Secondly having to sign a non discloseure agreement that lasts even if you leave, makes people not think an organization is not being honest. Again this is just my opinion.
Tom

By IRS code all 501c3s are required to disclose books and records upon member request. The books are open and transparent that's part of being a 501c3.

Last edited:
Tom

I would think a non disclosure agreement would never stand up in court after you where forced out.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2015 at 11:32 PM ----------

By IRS code all 501c3s are required to disclose books and records upon member request. The book are open and transparent that's part of being a 501c3.

If anyone is still a member of the NACD and would request to look at the books, it would be entertaining to see just how many years it would take to actually have the chance.

I'm betting NEVER.

Tom

Considering Florida is a Sunshine Law state, and I know this applies to government, you would hope that this behavior would extend to other organizations too. I do have a difficult time understanding the nondisclosure agreements. This is cave diving, not Los Alamos National Laboratory or even Wille Wonka's Chocolate factory, what can't be disclosed to the membership? I sat on the CDS board for 4 years, and chaired the organization for two, there were no secrets, and a member asked me a question, they would get a complete answer.

Considering Florida is a Sunshine Law state, and I know this applies to government, you would hope that this behavior would extend to other organizations too. I do have a difficult time understanding the nondisclosure agreements. This is cave diving, not Los Alamos National Laboratory or even Wille Wonka's Chocolate factory, what can't be disclosed to the membership? I sat on the CDS board for 4 years, and chaired the organization for two, there were no secrets, and a member asked me a question, they would get a complete answer.

As it should be, Kelly. I can understand needing confidentiality during the investigative portion of a potential disciplinary procedure. The person under investigation, at that point only has "charges" made against them. Once "convicted" or cleared, there really is no reason to keep things behind closed doors any longer. Once a decision is made to clear or discipline the individual, then the facts of the case should be disclosed to those who want/ need to know. By keeping things secret, in an organization such as this, it only 1. leads to speculation, whether true or untrue. 2. Is a strong indication that the leadership is doing something that is not "Kosher" or in a gray area of not being acceptable. 3. leads to mistrust of the organization. Only by being forthcoming on issues, will it lead to trust & further strength of an organization.

considering florida is a sunshine law state, and i know this applies to government, you would hope that this behavior would extend to other organizations too. I do have a difficult time understanding the nondisclosure agreements. This is cave diving, not los alamos national laboratory or even wille wonka's chocolate factory, what can't be disclosed to the membership?
bingo!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom