Name your cruises ships and the dive centers you have used in these ports of call.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grand Cayman: Neptune's Divers: great op, very pleased

Coz: Alison Dennis (scubawithalison.com): great op, very pleased

Majahual: dve with a guy at the end of the pier with a dive flag and a sign. Diving was OK. Didn't have radio or O2 on the boat which i didn't like too well. I had trouble getting ahold of anyone beforehand. It was then still a little "undeveloped" there.

Rich

From the ship in Coz I have done a few different things.

#1 Bought a 6.00 tank of air from Aqua World and did a shore dive right there by the plane, and behind Aqua World's shop.
This worked out great. It was a cheap way to do a quickie shore dive, and still have time with the non divers on my trip.

In St. Thomas once I used who the ship was using, and was very unhappy.
And once I used someone I found last minute since it was a port we were not supposed to hit, and I had to scramble for a Dive Op.
Both times I didn't like who I used and would not recommend them.

In Guadeloupe I also found my own dive op. The diving was great, but in the end the guy wanted more money from me, then we agreed on in email.
I paid it but he also lost my recommendation.

In St. Lucia did a shore dive behind Le Sport. Not a bad dive. The shop was fine. I saw my first octopus and seahorse on this one shore dive.

In Coz you can go to the Chankanaab Marine Park and shore dive with any of their 4 operators that have palapas set up in the park, without a reservation. It gives you easy control over what time you finish (you won't worry about missing your cruise ship!) and it's inexpensive. $10 to enter the park and we paid $18 each for tank/weights/personal guide. Of course, we tipped the guide also, but we felt like it was a good deal. You also get to go into caverns on this dive.

We went with Coconut Tree Divers in Roatan while cruising. They were very accomodating to our schedule and easily got us back in time. We also really liked their service and the divemaster, Ruth, was great.

Foo

In Cozumel we dive with Alison Dennis too. Great lady!

We will be diving in St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba in June. I am reading these boards, requesting quotes and info from lots of operators ... and will post my feedback when we return.

Coz - Dive Paradise, three times. They get a bad rap, but we've always gone out on the small boats on the afternoon dive and have usually had the boat and crew almost to ourselves.

Grand Cayman - Aquanuts, twice. First time we did Trinity Caves and the Aquarium off of Seven Mile Beach. The next time they had moved all of their boats to the other side of the island ahead of Hurricane Georges and we got to dive Main Street on the North Wall and another nearby site - fantastic!

St. Maarten - Forget the name of the operator, but we had to walk a long way to their shop, they only did single tank dives, and your boat was a kodiak. Decent wreck/reef combo dive though.

St. Croix - Cruz Bay Watersports. Nothing fancy, fairly small boat, OK divemaster.

Barbados - High Tide Watersports, twice. I highly reccommend Willie Hewitt and his staff. He will pick you up and return you to the pier, and they are all very friendly and professional.

Aruba - I've used the ship's operator, Red Sail Sports, twice here. They bring the dive boat close to the ship and take you to two awesome wrecks, the Antilla and the Pedernales.

St. Thomas - had the worst dive experience ever with the ship's tour, who was using Dive World, at Coki Beach. I'd like to try Sawyer's but we usually visit St. John on this stop.

Curacao - Underwater Curacao. A last minute decision to dive. Nice folks, good diving, but rental gear was in pretty bad shape and they weren't very organized.

St. Thomas - Red Sail
Cozumel - Aldora
Belize - Aqua Dives (charter)
Roatan - Anthonys Key Resort
Cayman - Red Sail

All highly recommended except Aqua Dives. I hear that Nowegian now uses Hugh Parkey's in Belize.

Nassau - Stuart Coves. Great operation. They picked us up at and returned us to the dock. When I made the reservations the customer service people were very sensitive to some of the difficulties associated with diving during a cruise (uncertain arrival time, relatively short stay, etc.), and they were able to recommend a schedule that resulted in a nice relaxing day. My wife and I went on separate dives, and we were both very happy. My wife rented gear and was very happy with it. The staff was very professional. Highly recommended.

Belize - Sea Sports Belize - great on-line response, great op, great dives. We had a blast, even when we started out in a driving rainstorm. Would use then again in a second.

Coz - Scuba Club Cozumel - great on-line response, no follow-up service once we were there. Had to pay way more than quoted price due to a screw up on their part. Only apology after the fact was to offer a discount on a dives if we came back - I don't think so! Slim chance of going back!

Grand Cayman - did Shore dives at Eden Rock. Very friendly, good service for what we needed.

Ship we were on was the Celebrity Galaxy ....

St Thomas
Coki Beach - easy Shore dive
Underwater Safaris - Good crew " Buck Isle Rye Reef + The Cartenza Wreck

Grenada
Eco Dive -Small fast boat Good crew - Boss Reef " Veronica L" Wreck
Northern Exposure Reef
Aruba
Red Sail Sports -Good crew lots of room on dive boat
Didn't like the fact that we we resticted to a 40 min dive
First Dive the historic Antila Very busy dive site
2nd Dive Pendernalis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/