Name your cruises ships and the dive centers you have used in these ports of call.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All highly recommended except Aqua Dives. I hear that Nowegian now uses Hugh Parkey's in Belize.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Norwegian used Hugh Parkey's in Belize back in Feb., but we just couldn't stand to pay their $130 per person diving fee. (This is before any rental costs, tips, etc). I guess I'm spoiled to Cozumel diving prices... JMHO.

Foo

Half Moon Cay - name on the waiver was "Never Enough" Ltd, the same name of the boat. Boat only took 6 divers at time to the reef - there were 4 of us on our one tank one hour trip. One 14 year old kid with only 8 dives BY HIMSELF! Stuck with the DM, but he managed to go OOA and had to get towed back to the boat on the surface by the DM.

The shallow reef was pretty good, with a number of swim throughs. Lots of eels - garden and spotted. Stingrays, small nurse shark. Used their 3mm shorty and learned why I've not bought one - brushed some fire coral in one of the swim throughs.

Didn't get to dive in Grand Cayman as it only had room for 6 on the ship's excursion. I could have emailed ahead, but was hoping we would clear on the waiting list. So we snorkeled and "snuba'd" instead\ with Kirk's Seatours and Watersports. They also did the ship's "Discover Scuba" excursion. This was my first try using the "long hose" :) Had fun diving on a shallow wreck called the Cali. Got some great pictures, especially the reef squid.

Cozumel - Servicos Touristicos Subacaticos - a couple of crew wore shirts saying "Snorkel and Scuba Center". Large 48' Newton that picked us up right at the pier. Real babysitters for those that needed it - but DM told us that we just needed to keep him in sight for the second dive and had a little latitude to explore a bit away from the "crowd" of 8 other divers. Dove on Tormentos and Paradise reefs. Again a ton of life - lots of lobster, rays, sea cucumbers and eels. Only bummer was my camera quit after 20 minutes into the first dive. I put uncharged batteries back into it before we left, and didn't bring any extras. :banghead:

All in all a great week of vacation with some diving thrown in.

Scuba pictures can be found in my gallery.

Marc

Just dove during a cruise with HAL, Rotterdam. Dove at Aruba with Pelican. There were 5 on the boat and we dove the Pidernales. Nice dive and good DM. Could have been a better crew. I had troubles getting out of the water and he just sat and watched. Didn't ruin my dive but they didn't get a tip.

nitrogenaddict2:
Hey this is a SCUBA board so tell us who you dived with in these ports of call and whether you were treated well or not.

Grand Cyaman Absolute divers all the way. Couldn't have had a better time or been treated better.

Hi,

I took a cruise in Feb and dove with Bob Soto in Grand Cayman. Did an excellent job
(actually looked at them not through the cruise line and they offered the same dive
but when I got there, the non-cruise group was around 15 on an open boat and the
cruise line boat had 6 divers and was enclosed (important for us fair hair types)). So
the cruise boat was the best option this time out.

In Cozumel I dove with Papa Hog's dive shop (from a recommendation from a friend of
mine). They were a short 5 minute taxi ride from the cruise docks but did a great
job with personal service (only myself and my two dive buddies).

In Cayman I've also gone with Red Sail Sports and they were fine but I like Bob Soto
better.

In Bahamas I went with Bahamas Divers off the cruise line. Great job, friendly people.

Cozumel - Papa Hog's. They have a website and a toll free 1-800 number. http://www.papahogs.com/

They usually run very small boats - we have been on about 5 days of diving with them and the most # of divers was 6. Nice for a small group. I hear great things about scuba with Allison.

St Lucia- Nice place, expensive though- Royal Caribben uses Anse Chastanet- http://www.ansechastanet.com/new/scuba/scuba.html or http://www.scubastlucia.com/
It is a nice pricey resort. Good diving there with a great rep.

Foo:
Yes, Norwegian used Hugh Parkey's in Belize back in Feb., but we just couldn't stand to pay their $130 per person diving fee. (This is before any rental costs, tips, etc). I guess I'm spoiled to Cozumel diving prices... JMHO.

Foo

Hey girl...did the Hugh Parkey shop come and pick you up from the cruise ship?

We cruised on Carnival in March and went diving in Cozumel. We went with a shore excursion because we really didn't know any other options existed.

BUT...if booking our own dives will save us money, we would consider booking directly through a LDS.

I'm reviving this thread because we have booked a scuba diving excursion through our cruiseship Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas. It is for our port of call in Philipsburg, St. Maarten. My question is: does anyone know who the ship uses? I'd like to know in advance so I can try to plan the rest of the afternoon based on where we'll be at on the island. We don't want to lug our equipment around anymore than necessary, and I don't think we'll have time to return to our ship, then go back to the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom