Name your Liveaboard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

]

Our first livaboard is in May 05 on the Solmar V to Soccorro. Just looking for any trip reports, opinions or advice.

Cayman Aggressor was pampering, with the the captain even bringing us hot chocolate after night dives. I loved Bloody Bay Wall, but above 5 of us got ill making the crossing, and I had NEVER been ill like that from motion sickness before.

Solmar V Sea of Cortez in August 2004 wew saw sea lions till we thought we could name them individually. The boat passed through over 200 dolphins. We snorkeled with pilot whatles. In the marine sanctuary we saw wonderful specimens of lots of fish and a greater variety of eels than I'd ever seen before. No hammerheads, though!
JRO:
Sorry Natasha, seemed like a great thread idea, hope you don't mind.
JRO:
Tell us which you have been on
Which you would repeat/have repeated
Which one is next on your list
:profile:
I unfortunately have only been on one...

The T&C Explorer, I absolutely loved it!!!

I don't know which one is next...hopefully this thread will help me decide.

Jeff

[Solmar had two great divemasters and pretty comfortable quarters, but watch the food. The panga drivers were extremely conscientious and I was never worried about their losing track of us. Bring earplugs! Don't worry about blowing a ton of money on souvenirs, though! Not much to buy. I liked having four bathing suits, plenty of time to dry between dives. New microfiber tops great; leave tshirts behind. One pair of lightweight long pants and long sleeve shirt for dinners in the cabin. QUOTE=THUNDERSTRUCK]]

Our first livaboard is in May 05 on the Solmar V to Soccorro. Just looking for any trip reports, opinions or advice.[/QUOTE]

sharkj:

Solmar V Sea of Cortez in August 2004 wew saw sea lions till we thought we could name them individually. The boat passed through over 200 dolphins. We snorkeled with pilot whatles. In the marine sanctuary we saw wonderful specimens of lots of fish and a greater variety of eels than I'd ever seen before. No hammerheads, though!

Your dive trip sounds so wonderful. I would just love to be in the water with sea lions and dolfins, pilot whales etc. Too bad the Sea of Cortez and the Socorro Islands are so far and logistically difficult to reach from Europe.

Cheers

Sylvie:
Your dive trip sounds so wonderful. I would just love to be in the water with sea lions and dolfins, pilot whales etc. Too bad the Sea of Cortez and the Socorro Islands are so far and logistically difficult to reach from Europe.

Cheers

Actually, we had 4 people from Milan on the boat with us!
The European areas I hear about are wrecks off of Scotland, what's your favorite?

Truk Aggressor II - outstanding in every way possible.

A boat I would not go on is the Solmar V - still no nitrox last time I checked, . I wouldn't think of doing five dives a day without nitrox. And besides, the Nautilus Explorer is doing the Socorros now. I haven't been on it but it has a stellar rep.

I'm going to Cocos Islands in 2006 w/ one of the Sea Hunter boats. That promises to set a new standard for me.

I've enjoyed all the liveaboards I've been on, to a greater or lesser extent, but if I was given the opportunity to step back on board any one of them again tomorrow, it would be the MV Spirit of the Solomons in the Solomon Islands.

That was a magic 10 days, from start to finish.

Fiji - Naia -beautiful boat, beautiful people, and awesome soft coral. Will go back soon...
Belize- Wave Dancer -twice (Boat is no longer but the SunDancer II is there and is his best boat) - had great weather and nice diving...
Turks & Caicos - Sea Dancer - twice - alas no more - T&C's the second time was much more crowded topside but still nice diving
Palau - Sun Dancer II - boat no longer there but I HIGHLY recommend Palau
Papau New Guinea - Star Dancer - not his best boat, but not bad - diving was great - it was an adventure. Also plan to go back but probably on Mike Ball's boat
Galapagos - Sky Dancer - Nice boat and I would sell my first born if I had one to go back!

Looking for our next live-a-board with our group (who all met on the Palau live-a-bard) and thinking somewhere in the South Pacific - ideas???

franztini:
Looking for our next live-a-board with our group (who all met on the Palau live-a-bard) and thinking somewhere in the South Pacific - ideas???
I hear that French Polynesia is very much worth it. You could try the Tahiti Aggressor. No first-hand experience, though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom