Narc'ed - what does it do to you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the world of House(s), Mortgage(s), Child(ren), Wife(I wish)!! Boogie711.

Basically from March to current, I've skinned in about 8 dives or so a month. I'll still hit around 100 for the year, if things go as planned, but it would be easier if I lived in/near Kingston! 30 dives a year on the Tiller can get a little old........even for me, as much as I like it.

Sometimes it's not quantity of the dives but quality of the dives. I would rather do 10 dives of totally awsome dives then 100 dives of blah.

I said : Helium works!

Mike D

cobaltbabe:
Sometimes it's not quantity of the dives but quality of the dives. I would rather do 10 dives of totally awsome dives then 100 dives of blah.

That's always my excuse too :)

Infact it is the truth as well. Not that I'm totally opposed to ump-teen Niagara river and Chippewa creek and Sherkston quarry dives, but damn they suck bad. Filling a log book with 100 B.S. Sherkston dives is a personal waste unless I'm doing some specific training.

Time in those waters just ain't worth it to me, so I'm "stuck" doing the Tiller (D33's got me feelin' guilty now) or driving hours away to get something worth-while in.

This weekend was nice. We did Barcelona with the NDA. A nice 1.75hr drive, and some great wrecks on a great boat. Not as nice as Kingston, but a hell of a lot closer.

Steve

cobaltbabe:

I'll let you take a look someday at the list. I don't think you'll find many that count under the catagory of blah.

Mind you little wrecks like the Frontenac and Kattie Eccles are getting kinda dullish. :D I also dread the next time I have to dive a Cenote like Angelita or a wall in Cozumel let me tell you... :wink:

More Angelita

My nasty blah 100th dive in Cozumel on the C-53. 75 minutes of pure hell on earth... :D

I should probably just give up diving...

I have yet to go deeper than 75' and cannot say I've felt anything resembling what you are all talking about.

So...without admitting too much about my past...um... when I was much younger my friends and I ...um... accidentally inhaled some charges of Nitrous Oxide intended for whipped cream. I don't know what happened. I was making a pie and ...

Has anybody else suffered similar baking accidents? Does the feeling of getting narc'd compare to a whippit?

I have been filled to the rim with dives that are 35-50 feet deep. They are fun to play but just don't do it at all. I want to see something. I am not saying that any opportunity to dive isn't taken but it is nice to be diving when there is something to see.

Now I am diving a little (Lot) deeper, for me, I find it much more exciting and rewarding. The thing is that it makes me want to go deeper.

cobaltbabe:
I have been filled to the rim with dives that are 35-50 feet deep. They are fun to play but just don't do it at all. I want to see something. I am not saying that any opportunity to dive isn't taken but it is nice to be diving when there is something to see.

Now I am diving a little (Lot) deeper, for me, I find it much more exciting and rewarding. The thing is that it makes me want to go deeper.

Aiming to topple that 1028 foot record?

d33ps1x:
Aiming to topple that 1028 foot record?

If I wasn't a mod and didn't have to behave I would so give you a smack. LOL

Actually my goal is the Ganilda. I would love to see her just once in my life and be able to say I was there. I don't have to set any records or have all my gear match, just want to explore, and maybe join a special underwater club (Not to be mentioned on the open board :wink: ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom