narrowoly tailored restaurant question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys for the info and advice.

I will definitely be relaaaxxxing when I get there and enjoying the diving.

I'm sure there aren't many better places to "hang out" if El Norte comes.

rypark1999:
Hi everyone,

I've read the two stickies regarding favorite restaurants. They are very helpful but I have a very narrowly defined question. (I don't know how I would do a search to find an answer to my question.)

My friends and I will be in Coz for the first time and we are renting a condo on the corner of Avenida 10 Sur and Calle 17 Sur (Caballito Rojo at Cozumel Vacation Rentals). It's about four blocks inland from Plaza Las Glorias. We'll be diving with Diving with Martin and they will pick us up from PLG's dock.

I will be speaking to DWM and our condo manager for suggestions but I thought I could get some info from you guys. Here's the question....

1) Can you give me a recommendation as to a breakfast restaurant between my condo and PLG or even close walking distance from the condo or PLG? (We need it to be open early in the morning since DWM seems to pick up real early, like pre-7:30. We won't have a car and will be walking from the condo to PLG in the morning. Christi's list is great cuz it gives street locations but it seems that the restaurants are not near our condo or PLGs.)

2) or Does PLG have a good breakfast restaurant open that early?

3) or Does the grocery store in front of PLG sell breakfast (ie: like in a food court)?

Thanks everyone. :D

PS: We love authentic, "local favorites" style, mom and pop style restaurants that are cheap in price and away from the touristy scene, if that helps.

Glad to hear you've got the pick-up straightened out with DWM.

However, just to help you with the breakfast situation, if you're renting a condo, you may well want to help save cash and time by stocking in some breakfast stuff from Chedraui (the big grocery store across from the former PLG). They have an AMAZING bakery section - get a tray and fill it up with goodies - then give it to the woman right behind the bakery counter and she'll pop it into bags for you and mark each one with what you'll owe at the register. You can get eggs, cheese, croissants, muffins, cereal (don't look for fresh milk - it comes in a box :) - same with cream for your coffee), fresh and canned fruit, coffee, juice - heck, pretty much whatever you want.

In any case, when we were there in May, we did this and it REALLY helped save time in the mornings because we didn't have to worry about making it to a restaurant and worry about time. It'll also save you some cash - which you can always spend on those great dinnners out :)...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom