Nashville area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnmyk

Registered
Reaction score
The thriving metropolis of Oakdale, California
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all -
Planning a trip to visit family in Nashville in July and wanting to dive a quarry, lake or even a canal.

I have looked online and found only a couple of locations and the information was sparse. Does anyone have any real information and contacts for dive locations in middle Tenn?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Martha's Quarry is near Nashville in Lebanon, TN, Martha's Quarry :: The Mid-South's Diving Destination but after last year, I don't know the status on it. From rumors last year, there was a disagreement between the owners of the quarry & access to Martha's was severely restricted. I really can't give you much info on diving there since I've never been there, other than it gets about 50ft deep. Pennyroyal (my stomping grounds:D) is about an hour NW in Hopkinsville, KY right off exit 9 of the Pennyrile PKWY. Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort Hope that helps you out a bit.

Martha's is still open. Their was a land dispute on a road way but Fred made a new road to avoid any issues with neighbors. It is a great place for a quarry.

It amazes me how much a rummer can escalate. There are no wars or battles with my neighbors, in fact we share the water very well. You can dive any parts of the quarry without any issues. Just like any neighbor, we both have our dreams and desires. We disagree, argues over the weekend, but some how we manage to have lunch together by Wednesday, and has always been this way. The first six weeks of last year, we did have a legal liability issue on liability if each was on the others water. We each had to stay on the water we owned until all the liability was covered, there was not a battle. I do not hold a lease or a contract...I'm an owner, I'm not going anywhere, Martha's will be a a good place to jump in for many years to come.
This past weekend the water surface temp was 74 degrees, and after all those flood rains (approx. 15 inches in two days) our horizontal visability has jumped from a mere three feet to a whopping 20+ feet. We do have a new entrance, and we are set up on the opposite side of the quarry. We are in the forrest, in the shade, no longer in that rock oven on the other side. I did not have one single complant on the heat last summer, in fact some diver threatened me if i ever returned to the other side. Best part of all is....I don't need to lease their side. This will help not to have an increase in admission price for a long time.
All is well and better than ever at Martha's.

So come on down to the coolest quarry anywhere, and God bless,
Fred Massie (owner)

It amazes me how much a rummer can escalate. There are no wars or battles with my neighbors, in fact we share the water very well. You can dive any parts of the quarry without any issues. Just like any neighbor, we both have our dreams and desires. We disagree, argues over the weekend, but some how we manage to have lunch together by Wednesday, and has always been this way. The first six weeks of last year, we did have a legal liability issue on liability if each was on the others water. We each had to stay on the water we owned until all the liability was covered, there was not a battle. I do not hold a lease or a contract...I'm an owner, I'm not going anywhere, Martha's will be a a good place to jump in for many years to come.
This past weekend the water surface temp was 74 degrees, and after all those flood rains (approx. 15 inches in two days) our horizontal visability has jumped from a mere three feet to a whopping 20+ feet. We do have a new entrance, and we are set up on the opposite side of the quarry. We are in the forrest, in the shade, no longer in that rock oven on the other side. I did not have one single complant on the heat last summer, in fact some diver threatened me if i ever returned to the other side. Best part of all is....I don't need to lease their side. This will help not to have an increase in admission price for a long time.
All is well and better than ever at Martha's.

So come on down to the coolest quarry anywhere, and God bless,
Fred Massie (owner)

Thanks for the info. It there an address that we can mapquest. I've never been there, I wouldn't mind trying someplace new and close. (I live just north of on the Pennyroyal quarry)

Thanks Fred. I agree I like the shade better than the sun. I also like the way you were selective on keeping certain trees for the canopy. We look forward to talking to you again real soon. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom