Nassau Bahamas/Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Will be staying on Paradise Island first week in July. It is a family affair with (3 generations) (2 generations are divers) We have never dived Bahamas. We will be doing a lot of other stuff other than diving, also.

We would appreciate any help/comments about local operators/conditions/costs, etc. Due to the mixed diving levels in family, we would probably want fun/easy stuff. Thanks.

Regards,

i have gone there before idont remenber the name of the place (ill look in my divelog later) but there was a lotof pamflits at the hotel i staed at you wont have any trouble finding places and have fun

I dived with Stuart Cove's when I was staying on Cable Beach. They pick up from all Cable Beach and Paradise Island hotels. They have several boats and run a decent operation.

If you are staying on Paridise Island, you will want to dive from operators on the opposite end of the island. Both Stuart Coves and DIVE, DIVE, DIVE are located at the end of the island I am refering to. This will be the lee side of the island so you will get much calmer conditions.
On several trips friends diving on the Paridise Island side had dives canciled due to rough conditions while we dove in flat water from Stuart Cove. I preferred DIVE, DIVE DIVE's operation to Stuart's. However that is an opinion based on diving with DIVE around 8 years ago.
Both of these operators will send a van to pick you up at your hotel.
Have a great trip.

I understand that Stuart Cove has opened a satellite shop in the Atlantis on Paradise Island. Anyway, they provide free shuttle service to the main shop on the southwest side of the island.

Don't miss the adventure dives including the shark feeding dives and especially the DPV "wall flying". The DPV dives only run a few times a week and only take up to six divers

I can second the opinions on Stuart Cove's. They run a good op. I also second the opionion - don't miss the shark dives. Make sure you buy the video. Its a great way to show your friends what a psycho you are!

As well as Stuarts Cove. Both did a good job and cost the same. They even went to the same sites. Stuarts was a bite more touristy. Try to sell you pics and vids. Stuff like that.
They only let you dive to 80 ft. no matter what.
Nassau Scuba let the divers with their own gear and with computers dive to 130 ft. if they wanted to.
Was kinda fun to hover over the Toungh of the Ocean knowing it was about 4000 ft. deep. You get a feeling of being real small. They all provide bus service to the docks for free. Both were very pleasant people to deal with.
Fred

I too am going to Nassau via a cruise ship. I'll be there June 2. I can't find anyone who picks up at the cruise ship docks. I've checked with Bahama Dive which pickup from various hotel in Paradise. I also only have one day - any suggestions - must dive. I've been diving for 10 years but never went below 110 ft. I'm open for suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom