Nassau Bahamas/Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait:
Due to the mixed diving levels in family, we would probably want fun/easy stuff.

I dove my first time after training in Nasau last Nov. I highly recommend getting the operator to take you to Bahama Momma. It is a reef shark feeding area. There were about 25 sharks swimming around and it was absolutely the most incredible feeling swimming with them. They had no interest in us, but, they did say to keep your hands close in because the sharks are used to seeing hands waiving with food in them. Get the point?

Anyway, have a great time.

Brian

allwet:
I too am going to Nassau via a cruise ship. I'll be there June 2. I can't find anyone who picks up at the cruise ship docks. I've checked with Bahama Dive which pickup from various hotel in Paradise. I also only have one day - any suggestions - must dive. I've been diving for 10 years but never went below 110 ft. I'm open for suggestions.

I can't believe Stuart Cove doesn't. Have you checked with them?

I go with RRCL about 4 times a year. They use dive Nassau for their dives. You can either book it throw them or do it your self. the dives will cost the same. If you want to book one your self no matter which line you choose. Stuarts Cose and Dive Nassau pick up at the tourist info booth by the docks. the problem is you have to be there by 8 AM and they don't wait. If you book it through the ship. most tines they will get you to the boat even if they dock late at no cost to you. Last time I went they docked late so they paid for a taxie to bring us there. Taxie ride to the docks Either Stuart or Nassau is around $40. If you book it your self and call ahead they will hold the boat for an extra 15 min if they know your coming. The boat leaves at 9 AM. I've dove with both Stuarts Cove and dive Nassau the both goto the same places but Stuarts is more touristy. They restick you to around 80 ft. no matter what. Nassau lets you go to 130 ft if you have your own gear and a computer. Nothing like hovering over the hole that drops 4000 ft. Just be careful of the current. Hard work swiming back up if your near the wall.
Hope that helped. Here is dive nassau web site.
www.divenassau.com I don't have stuart cove any more but do a seach and you'll find it. Just found it www.stuartcove.com
Fred

Our last trip to Nassau was spent diving with Stuart Cove's. We spent 3 days diving two trips per day.

We had no restrictions other than time back on the boat, in fact I saw 100'+ on several dives. Yes, it does have crowds of folks who are doing the only dives they will see for the year. So, they take care of the touristas, and as soon as they figure out that you're competent they tend to let you dive at will.

The biggest squawk we had was the lunches...hideous little squashed sandwiches and snacks available in the dive shop for a princely sum. Bring your own if you have time in the morning, which is tough with the early departure times of the shuttle buses.

Make sure you book your trips on line before you leave the mainland, it's cheaper than booking and paying there.

They treated us great, we'll be back.

All the best, James

I worked on the Carnival Fantasy last contract for about 2 months and dove with both Stuarts and Nassau Scuba Center. Both picked up from the pier. I enjoyed both dive ops...but generally prefered Stuarts.

Peace,
Cathie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom