Nassau can't miss dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichmondKYdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey gang, we head out Saturday for a vacation...along with some diving....to Nassau this Sat the 11th for a week. I've already booked the "required" shark dive with Stuart Cove's but.....what are some of the don't miss dives from your experience. I'll be spending a couple of dives just photo'ing it, any good hints of good pic locations?

Looking forward to the 78 degree water after the 44 degrees last week!!

The 2 sites that come to mind, IIRC, are "Schoolhouse" and "Pumpkin Patch" . Both are shallow, and Schoolhouse had lots of smaller fish, which gave the site it's name.
(Diclaimer: YMMV, and this was based on memories of dives last August.)
Enjoy your trip!

The 2 sites that come to mind, IIRC, are "Schoolhouse" and "Pumpkin Patch" . Both are shallow, and Schoolhouse had lots of smaller fish, which gave the site it's name.
(Diclaimer: YMMV, and this was based on memories of dives last August.)
Enjoy your trip!

Thanks, I chose Nassau as my fiancee and her daughter are doing their open water referrals and they wanted a vacation other than just diving. My son is also certified. After all the cold water diving in KY this winter along with all the pool time in divemaster any warm water with pretty fish, coral and photo ops will be fine with me:D We arrive Sat at 12:30pm, I'll be wet on Sunday!!

The Ray of Hope wreck is pretty special--lots of life on it and everything is HUGE...big lobsters just crawling around on it, gigantic groupers, and sharks ALWAYS just cruising around the whole time you are there. One of the prettiest reefs is called "Southwest"--it's shallow and a patch reef, but the colors there are incredible with nice sponges, fans and staghorn coral. They don't usually go there unless you ask them to because it's pretty far out, but worth the time it takes to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom