Natalee Holloway - Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
well, i know they're playing... but it just seems creepy

the others don't seem too odd to me: two young people dancing, a guy with
his friends, a guy with his parents who are not exactly "with it"

probably wouldn't look twice at them if i didn't know who they were... except for
the last pic
I agree, that last photo doesn't look like the dude being strangled is enjoying it one bit, while frankenstein seemslike a serious sadist IMO. I'll bet he has boundry issues (such as what "no" means or when to stop).

I'll place my bet on frankenstein as the one.

CaliforniaDiver.com:
This was from Foxnews.com as well; "The Kalpoe brothers told police that Van Der Sloot became intimate with Holloway at the California Lighthouse beach before they dropped her off at her hotel. They told police Holloway had been drinking heavily and was drunk, and then when she got out of their car in front of the Holiday Inn, she stumbled and fell to the ground.

When one tried to help her up, she pushed him away and said, "I can stand on my own!"

So why was this person intimate with her (was she alert) when she probably didn't know what she was doing, expecially when she can't even walk even after this.... If what we read in the media is true.... there should be charges brought up on this guy anyway.

My niece went on a "Spring Break" Trip this year, and I told her to always buy her own drink and never let it leave your sight... don't know what someone can drop in it.

Over-protective,

John

So I said it earlier...now the news says it... I would make sure you warn your daughters, friends, friends friends,......

Drink only what you have in your control....

:wink:

the sharks...Isnt one side of Aruba infested with sharks...What kind...?? would they be interested in human flesh?

Perhaps they killed her accidentally and fed her to the sharks? If so, she'd never be found.....

Just a thought... Sounds sick...

Cozoholic:
the sharks...Isnt one side of Aruba infested with sharks...What kind...?? would they be interested in human flesh?

Perhaps they killed her accidentally and fed her to the sharks? If so, she'd never be found.....

Just a thought... Sounds sick...

When I was in Aruba, they told me that the north side of the island had lots of sharks in it. The north coast is 99% rocky with very little beach area and is very danergrous and has bad currents. Of course I didn't actually see sharks there, but that's what they tell you. Of course that could have been a good story to keep tourists out of the dangerous water on the north shore also by telling them it was infested by sharks..... (For example, at the summer camp I worked at, we told the campers stories of a "wildman" who lived in the woods and only came out at night and had "taken" a couple of campers once. It was a fun story to tell and kept the little 8 and 9 year olds in their camps at night instead of wondering around and getting hurt or lost.)

Van Der Sloot's father was arrested a few days ago...
I wonder what will happen now.

Well, right now that search and rescue team from Texas has arrived. I believe they have 8 divers, side sonar capabale of scanning to 800 feet deep, 4 search dogs. Some if not all of the 24 in the team are ex law enforcement.

The judge was arrested (he's still a judge in training) because his story didn't hash with the evidence,

So we'll see if they can find something.

MoonWrasse:
Well, right now that search and rescue team from Texas has arrived. I believe they have 8 divers, side sonar capabale of scanning to 800 feet deep, 4 search dogs. Some if not all of the 24 in the team are ex law enforcement.

The judge was arrested (he's still a judge in training) because his story didn't hash with the evidence,

So we'll see if they can find something.

Latest info:

3:42 PM PDT, July 1, 2005
3 Men to Be Charged With Murder of Natalee Holloway

From Associated Press ORANJESTAD, Aruba -- Aruba's chief government spokesman said today that three young men detained in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager have not been formally charged but could be as soon as Monday.

Earlier, Aruba's attorney general, Karin Janssen, told The Associated Press that the young men had been charged with murder since their arrest three weeks ago.

"The three have been charged with the murder of Natalee Holloway from the beginning" of their arrest 10 days after the young woman went missing May 30, she said in a recorded interview. "At the time, we didn't want to upset the family talking about murder while they searched."

However, Janssen said, the charges were not announced at the time to protect the feelings of the family of the missing 18-year-old. The attorney general and other Aruban officials have said for weeks that no one has been charged in the case.

The government spokesman, Ruben Trapenberg, contacted the AP following the English-language interview with Janssen.

"This a question of semantics. It's been a problem since Day One," Trapenberg said. "The charging is a formal process that happens later on. It could happen as soon as Monday."

I had hoped against hope that she would be found alive - even after three weeks +. Guess not.

My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends; and to the people who went to search.

Judge orders two Aruba suspects freed.

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- A judge ordered the release Monday of two brothers held as suspects in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway, but ordered a third youth to remain in police custody, court officials said.

I say the 2 boys released today are still guilty.
I'm still hoping justice will be served, however it seems more likely the guilty will walk or just get a minor slap on the hand.

Still puzzling is why the Arubians refused any real help from the FBI. As I understand it, the FBI divers never get wet while down there (due to lack of cooperation from the Arubian authorities).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom