National Aquarium in Baltimore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually we are very aggressive as a shop, we are offering bay diving as a local option for people.

As far as being shrewd businessmen, unforunately as another post has suggested, it seems it wasn't a matter of proposing something or even offering something up for bid as has been done in the past with the aqarium, but rather a volunteer diver being give access for his own shop, at least that seems to be a very convenient option.

Actually we are very aggressive as a shop, we are offering bay diving as a local option for people.

As far as being shrewd businessmen, unforunately as another post has suggested, it seems it wasn't a matter of proposing something or even offering something up for bid as has been done in the past with the aqarium, but rather a volunteer diver being give access for his own shop, at least that seems to be a very convenient option.
Nothing wrong with that either, where where you when he was paying his dues scrubbing windows?

You wanna get more pissed off?

Look in to where the Aquarium gets their gear (BC's, Reg's, etc). I'll give you a hint! It's from a shop in Gaithersburg.

You wanna get more pissed off?

Look in to where the Aquarium gets their gear (BC's, Reg's, etc). I'll give you a hint! It's from a shop in Gaithersburg.

Wow...you've been a member of this board for 4 days and this is your 2nd post?

Are you one of OTWS's new instructors or just one of Stimpy's friends?

As long as Chuck Eicholz is operating within his institution's purchasing rules he is not doing anything wrong. If he is operating outside of them, he should be reported to the aquarium's director.

There are often good reasons to buy a large percentage of your gear from one shop and only go outside of that for the few items that they can not get for you, there's nothing wrong with that, in fact ... is that not what most diver's do for their personal purchasing?

Somehow I suspect that you'd not be complaining if he directed all of his purchasing to Off the Wall Scuba. But he buys where he feels comfortable and taken care of, just like we all do.

Last edited:
Wow...you've been a member of this board for 4 days and this is your 2nd post?

Are you one of OTWS's new instructors or just one of Stimpy's friends?

I don't know Stimpy or anyone from OTW but I used be a part-time Divemaster at Atlantic Edge and my girlfriend dove at the aquarium up until last year.

just think, if all the energy spent agonizing about someone else's paycheck were devoted to ones own work ........ the possibilies of additional positive cash flow would most certainly be on the rise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom