NAUI DM Crossover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wraithshark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy,

I am a current NAUI DM and my facility is switching over to SDI. I am wanting to crossover to SDI because I am interested in Technical diving under a TDI certification. My question is what SDI rating would I need to pursue for the crossover? My understanding would be AI.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you want to be an SDI DM/AI/I? Or do you simply want to pursue TDI tech training? There's no reason to "crossover" if that's what you're looking for.

what he said, for NAUI at least, DM trumps AI, unless you have a specific need to crossover I wouldn't bother, but either way, the instructors at your shop should be able to give you the SDI cert once they are crossed over

Thank you for your help.
To answer your questions, I do want to pursue Instructor and my facility will only train me in SDI from here on out, so I was wondering where I would need to start.
Also, I read on the TDI website that TDI will not accept equivalent certifications for Techinical DM prerequisites. Since I want to take that course at some point, I guess I will need to crossover.

Back
Top Bottom