Naui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OW students in you class are they doing all of AOW with you or just the book work. I have heard of students doing the next cert level while still on the preivious one, but it is book work only. Usually because lets say an instructor knows all the students involved and only wants to do the Rescue lectures once. But the water work for one level is done before the next is started.

This is what it sounds like, but does not register with me as safe.

I have never read or been told this!!

I did my OW & AOW with a very good instructor who very strongly encourged every OW student to take AOW also, as he wanted everyone to be fully prepared to dive independently. We kept going as a class after finishing the OW requirements, but some previously certified divers form other agencies joined in for the AOW portion of the class.

If he is waiting to do the check-out stuff till later there may be reasons: Perhaps local conditions have not been safe enough for beginners (here, things have been pretty rough this summer). He may be letting them get other requirements out of the way, then take them out for all of the required dives later.

Unless there are other factors we are not hearing, the above issues could be explained legitimately. Judge the guy by his graduates.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED WHAT I HAVE SEEN. THE REAL INSTRUCTOR IS SPENDING MORE TIME WITH THE BASICS, AND THINGS TAUGHT IN OW THAN ADVANCED. I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING JIPPED. I WENT IN TO THE CLASS READY, BOOK READ, VIDEO, AND WENT SO FAR AS TO CONNSULT OTHER MORE EXPERIMCED DIVERS FOR kNOWLEDGE.

FIRST CLASS, I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO PURCHASE THE AOW INSTRUCTION SERIES. THE REST OF THE STUDENTS, DID NOT EVEN BOTHER. THE INSTRUCTOR WE HAD, WAS A SUBSTITUTE, TILL THE REAL INSTRUTER GOT OFF OF WORK. HE GAVE US A LECTER ON WHAT EQUIPMENT WE "HAD" TO HAVE, AND JUST SO HAPPENS IT CAN BE PURCHASED HERE. (MORE TOY CRAP THAN ANYTHING ELSE) THE BOOK WAS NOT EVEN USED. HE PUT HIS OWN SPIN ON THINGS AND CONFUSED ALL OF US ON DECOMPRESSION THEORY, AND HOW HE DOES THINGS.

SORRY CHAP

I DO NOT SPEND MY WHOLE DAY LURKING ON A MESSAGE BOARD WAITING FOR STANDARDS VIOLATIONS.

TO MY DEFENSE I ALWAYS LEAVE MY CAPS ON BECAUSE ALL OF MY PASSWORDS ARE IN CAPS, AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN MY OFFICE HAVE A HARD TIME SEEING small PRINT.

IF I HAVE VIOLATED ANY RULE, PLEASE REPORT ME TO A MODERATOR SO I CAN BE PUNISHED FOR MY TRANSGRESSION.

Ok, no need to get hostile. Calm down, I promise it'll be ok. Maybe :wink:

Ajax, caps are hard to read and look kind of obnoxious. We would much appreciate it if you turned caps lock off. If not, we'll live.

I think it sounds like you're getting screwed by this class. I would demand my money back, and go find another instructor or dive shop to do the AOW with.

Good luck.

Ajax once bubbled...
...IF I HAVE VIOLATED ANY RULE, PLEASE REPORT ME TO A MODERATOR SO I CAN BE PUNISHED FOR MY TRANSGRESSION...

No official rule, but it is a question of etiquette. Typing in caps is the equivalent of shouting, and is considered impolite. Those who post rude and hostile statements often find that not many people want to interact with them.

Were can I find a Book on Internet etiquette. Maybe B&N.

I must have skipped that class in College, too much PARTYING.

I know, I will go to the IT guys, if I can find them, and have them give me a class on Internet etiquette.

Is it proper to skip a line b/w sentences?????

I humbly apologize for being abrasive and offensive to all creatures big or small.

please accept my humble, humble apologize.

AJAX;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom