Nautical Multitool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George Price

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Folks,
In a long career of working both outdoors and in heavy industry I have been accused of not going outside without my trusty Leatherman tool. Now that I am diving, I use the Leatherman Charge TTi as my dive tool as well. With the exception of the tool steel replaceable bits (which you have to wipe down and oil after each day diving) it has been holding up well.
My question is Does anyone know of a multitool specifically designed for marine service? I think a diver's multitool would be a no brainer, but have yet to locate one.

What tools would be on it?

I use an xk scuba multi tool. Allen keys, oring pick, screwdrivers. So far so good.

Also a SeaSpanner adjustable wrench but those are hard to find. Good product though.

I keep a multi-tool from DGX and several other items in a small Pelican box in the bottom of my backpack. I've had no problems with the marine environment and always have tools handy. I've needed them for myself a couple of time, for others, many times

I have seen them and found several as soon as I googled "diver multitool". They typically have some screwdriver heads, a few allen wrenches, something that opens the air-in valve on a BCD, an o-ring hook, etc.
Like many other things, seaching for all available options seems to work best of you search images first, then follow interesting and different images to find text, sellers, etc.

Compact Scuba Multi-Tool

Scuba Multi-Tool

Are you using it during the dive as a cutting tool etc? I have always wondered about doing this but end up with a line cutter and a pair of EMT shears for thin wire or netting.

XS Scuba seem to have a whole host of tools, including Stainless Adjustable wrenches. I may well invest.

I'm one who rely's on a set of cheap of tools kept in a case. when they get too rusty (normally 1 year) they go in the bin and I get another set.

Replying to post number 6

The multitools all seem to be intended for use above the surface. An all-in-one tool to take on the boat, on a trip, keep in your car, etc.

Replying to post number 6

The multitools all seem to be intended for use above the surface. An all-in-one tool to take on the boat, on a trip, keep in your car, etc.
I know, the OP seemed to indicate he was rinsing and oiling after each dive so wondered if he was diving with his Leatherman.

Also a SeaSpanner adjustable wrench but those are hard to find. Good product though.

Is that a church key on the end? Great product! lol

Back
Top Bottom