Nauticam A7R housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am struggling between OMD and A7.....sony lenses are really few and expensive...but the A7 image quality is amazing.....to make things worse, Nauticam is supporting both cameras now....somebody help me!

---------- Post added January 11th, 2014 at 05:50 AM ----------

Any idea how much is A7 housing?

The housing is $2850.00 in the US.

Agree that the Sony A7/A7r both have excellent image quality but then so does the E-M1 but with less resolution.

The issue is how long are you willing to wait for quality lenses suited to underwater photography. You can look through this forum and see how big an issue this has been for NEX users. You can go with any number of adapters and non-Sony lenses and hope to have a port and gear that will work but like any new system we are going to see growing pain with only three lenses released.

The new Sony A7/A7R looks to be a great new option for full-frame photography. It's true that you'll need to be create about lenses, but there are some interesting options, such as using the old Nikons 15mm FE lens in the new adapter. It is widely regarded as the best underwater wide angle lens ever made and on full-frame it should work the same as on the older film camera. Nauticam is making a port adapter for their DSLR ports as well and the new lens adapters are supposed to have pretty good AF.

But the resolution of this mirrorless full-frame slr is pretty tremendous in a much smaller size.

My patient is fading away with Sony full frame e-mount lenses.....looks like I will be betting EM1

From the left, Nauticam Olympus EM-1 housing, Sony A7/A7r housing and Nikon D-800 housing.

P1140016.jpg

I see that there is a full function (AF and Auto-aperture) adapter for all canon EOS lenses to the A7r. Made by Metabones. That would provide a tremendous selection of lenses assuming that the Nauti ports and extension rings will work.

From the left, Nauticam Olympus EM-1 housing, Sony A7/A7r housing and Nikon D-800 housing.

View attachment 175604

Has anyone tested firing an external strobe with an electrical sync chord? Does the internal flash recognises the strobe or is the internal flash still popping out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom