Nauticam Arms and Ball Joints

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not used the arms but the ball adapters for the housings seem very well made and I interchange the ULCS and nauticam bits with no worries. Bill

I have both, ULCS & Nauticam, IMHO, they are both equal good in the quality and reliability department. I do like the look of the blue o-ring over the black o-ring, but that is personal preference. They are interchangeable with each other, so you can use a ULCS clamp with Nauticam ball joints, or Nauticam clamps with ULCS ball joints.

Anyone else have input on this? Specifically, can anyone provide a reason NOT to buy the nauticam ones? I have to admit - I am rather fond of the blue orings!

I own both and agree they are comparable to each other. There is a difference I notice (and hopefully I articulate it so you can understand what I mean). When I release the tension on the clamp where I have a Nauticam and an Ultralight ball, the release point where I can start pivoting the joint seems to be sooner on the Nauticam than the Ultralight. Something to consider if you have a strobe off an ultralight arm that is clamped to a Nauticam housing.

Anyone else experience this?

I own both and agree they are comparable to each other. There is a difference I notice (and hopefully I articulate it so you can understand what I mean). When I release the tension on the clamp where I have a Nauticam and an Ultralight ball, the release point where I can start pivoting the joint seems to be sooner on the Nauticam than the Ultralight. Something to consider if you have a strobe off an ultralight arm that is clamped to a Nauticam housing.

Anyone else experience this?
That makes perfect sense! So it sounds since I will be using a nauticam housing with nauticam balls on the housing end, I may as well just stick with nauti arms also so I won't have to deal with this. Should be good! Thanks for the info!

I have the Nauticam Flex Tray for my RX100 with two YS01 strobes. The tray is VERY flexible and I was curious as to wether someone makes the "cross bar" piece for this tray. I've seen them on big DSLR kits where they are used as an additional mounting point for video lights, etc... I would just like one to keep the tray from flexing so much....

Attachments

• 1-SONY RX100 FULL KIT.jpg
    1-SONY RX100 FULL KIT.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 470
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom