Nauticam CMC vs stacked wet lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhincodon

Contributor
Reaction score
Just doing a little research, looking for macro wet lens options for rx100. The CMC looks very promising. I'm just wondering how it compares to stacked wet lenses, say 2 +7. Would one have a narrower focal plan compared to the other, less focal distance etc. It seems like the stacked lens would be more versatile with different levels of magnification.

Thanks in advance
Jon

Hi Jon,

I have a few samples here of 2 stacked UCL-165 lenses on a Canon S110:
Inon UCL-165 Macro Lens Stacked Review and Samples

I'm afraid I don't have direct samples comparing the CMC to the stacked option but I assume the CMC is the sharpest option available today for that amount of magnification.
However, I have heard feedback from some people that the CMC might be too strong for beginners and therefore the stacked option helps you build your way up and gain more experience with just one lens before advancing to a second one. Macro can be very tough to nail at first and requires extremely good buoyancy and photography skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom