Nauticam housing for LX-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Shaker,
no i haven't found a proper wet Wide Angle lens for the Lx5.
At the moment all the wide lens have the same problem of vignetting.
To avoid it, you have to zoom in.
I hope that in the future, Nauticam, Inon or other brand will create a Wide lens proper for the 24mm lens of the Lx5 (actually there are wide lens only suitable on 28mm lens).
The original port of the Nauticam Housing is not removable or interchangeable.
You can only screw onto it an "air" lens M67 that restore the 24mm of the lens of the Lx 5 Lente Nauticam 'AIR' - Fotosub Shop
I think that this "air" lens is not enough wide (and it is quite expensive), so I will wait.
Yes I have seen a lot of Hammerheads, but they were far from my camera.
I have the opportunity to take only one decent picture of one lonely hammerhead.
It is very hard to take pictures of this kind of shark.
Nice dive spots in Sudan... but to see hammerheads you have to go very deep, so every dive I had a lot of Deco to do (22-25 minutes).
I have to change my computer (Mares Nemo wide), it is too much conservative.
I want to purchase an Uwatec Galileo (if I fine one used).
Ciao.
Scipionems

Hi Shaker,
I hope that in the future, Nauticam, Inon or other brand will create a Wide lens proper for the 24mm lens of the Lx5 (actually there are wide lens only suitable on 28mm lens).
You can only screw onto it an "air" lens M67 that restore the 24mm of the lens of the Lx 5 Lente Nauticam 'AIR' - Fotosub Shop
I think that this "air" lens is not enough wide (and it is quite expensive), so I will wait.
I have the opportunity to take only one decent picture of one lonely hammerhead.
Nice dive spots in Sudan... but to see hammerheads you have to go very deep, so every dive I had a lot of Deco to do (22-25 minutes).
Ciao.
Scipionems

Nice pics, scipionems. Regarding wide angle lens, Inon just came out with two types of UWL-H100 28M67 lens. I know we are talking here about the NA-LX5, but type 2 of that lens works with the highly similar NA-XZ1 housing for the Olympus XZ-1 (at least according to reefphoto), so here's hoping that one of either type can also work with the NA-LX5 housing. If not, Nauticam has also mentioned some kind of adapter for the LD version of that lens, although I'm not aware whether that adapter has been released.

Hi Shaker,
Ciao.
Scipionems

Hi Rusty999,
thank you.
The Inon UWL-H100 28M67 works well with the Olympus XZ1 because this camera has a 28-112mm lens.
The Panasonic Lx5 has a 24-90mm lens, so the Inon Uwl-H100 Type II has the problem of Vignetting at the wide position of the lens (24mm).
To avoid it , you have to zoom in at least at 28mm.
I hope that with the adapter this problem will be avoided, but I think that probably vignetting will be still present, because the adapter will create a gap between the Lx5 lens ad the Inon Uwl lens, so probably we have to zoom in again.
Ciao.
Scipionems

Hi to all,
I have the opportunity to use the Inon UWL -H100 Type II M67 with my Housing Nauticam NA-LX5 (unfortunately only in my bathtub).
It is not necessary to zoom, you can see only a very little vignetting at the corners.
I try to insert the picture I made .
5849383930_d25302187e.jpg

Ciao .
Scipionems

Hi rusti999,
the picture was made wiht Nauticam Na-lx5 + Inon UWL-H100 28M67 Type II, without zooming in (24mm).
This one unterwasserkamera.at - INON UWL-H100 28M67 Type2
It is visible only a slight vignetting in the low corners of the picture.
Sorry but I had no opportunity to prove it in the Sea or in a swimming pool.
Scipionems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom