Nauticam or Isotta Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shmuggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am researching my next video camera for a trip in January and would like to know the pros and cons for the two brands of housing. Both appear to be well made. I primarily want to shoot video- not still- and I am looking at the Panasonic LX10 and the Sony RX100 VII. I will have two lights which I have already.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Both manufacturers make very good housings. Of the two, I would probably go with Nauticam, but that is simply because if the time came that I ever did need service, it is from North America so there would be a little more ease of access to them. They are, however more expensive.

To be honest, I think that you would likely be happy with a housing from either company.

I used to have a Hugyfot housing that I loved for ergonomics. Then it needed service in Belgium. Got lost in Belgian post office for more than 6 weeks. Actual service took 1 day. I now use Aquatica since they are just a 5 hour drive away. Go by both quality of product and ease of access to a service centre as eventually you will need some kind of service or access to parts.

I used to have a Hugyfot housing that I loved for ergonomics. Then it needed service in Belgium. Got lost in Belgian post office for more than 6 weeks. Actual service took 1 day. I now use Aquatica since they are just a 5 hour drive away. Go by both quality of product and ease of access to a service centre as eventually you will need some kind of service or access to parts.
Another nice thing about Aquatica is (and I could be wrong) I believe their housings are all CNC. This means that if you want a housing that is discontinued, they may be able to load the CNC specs for that housing & mill you out a new one. The catch will be whether they still have the hardware such as o-rings & buttons to make a new one for you.

Back
Top Bottom