Nautilus Explorer Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xalarian:
From what I've seen and heard from many local divers, the Nautilus is terrible for raping and pillaging the bottomQUOTE]

I've been on the Explorer 4 or 5 trips, and on a couple on Mike's previous boat the Nautilus VII, and I can unequivocally say that I've never seen any "raping and pillaging." Mike, in fact, occasionally dives with the group and gets quite upset if there is *any* damage to walls (even finger-touching to push off a wall in current). I've been with operators and on live-aboards all over the world, and I know of no one better than Mike's operation at ecological awareness and a strict no-take/no-harm policy... --Ken

Xalarian:
All I'll say is I hope it doesn't happen. I have alot of concern about the well being of the marine life in and around my local area, it has been hit way to hard in the past, and IF i've been mistaken, I apologize. However, thats only IF i've been mistaken.

Mike makes his living taking divers to look at marine life. If he allowed his guests and crew to destroy it, he's out of business because people will stop coming. No, I think you need to look more closely at those that would profit from it.

I have also done a Nautilus trip, and apart from a misunderstanding regarding me wanting to dive Nitrox, it was a great trip. No one took anything while on a dive. I know he does allow fishing, but from the surface with a rod and tackle. I'd definitely go with them again.

I realize that the original post was make about a year ago, but if anyone is interested, I did write a trip report about my time on the Nautilus.

http://brobertson.org/NautilusTR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom