Nautilus: includes all taxes except 100$ bar tab???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the invoice it says:

Price includes: all taxes except for a 65$ per person port fee payable on board + nitrox + 100$ bar tab

I think it's simply poorly worded and/or you're just misreading it. I read the above as "the invoice includes everything but..."

• + Port Fee ($65)
  • + Nitrox ($100)
  • + whatever your bar tab is

I think it's simply poorly worded and/or you're just misreading it. I read the above as "the invoice includes everything but..."

• + Port Fee ($65)
  • + Nitrox ($100)
  • + whatever your bar tab is
Wouldn't that require the '+' to be after the $100 in stead of before?

Wouldn't that require the '+' to be after the $100 in stead of before?

Technically yes, but maybe we can assume that they have a little typo rather than assume they are pulling a fast one.

'and/or misreading' is what you said. And sorry, there is no way this can be misread.

I mean that perhaps the OP misread it - and therefor mistyped it.

The fact that the OP is also putting the "$" after the dollar amount (65$ vs $65) leads me to believe that something is amiss on either one end or the other.

:shakehead: Mike here from the Nautilus. Very sorry for confusion. Pure typo and nothing more. Actually 2 typo's. Imported micro-brew beer are $3.50 not $5.30. And absolutely 100% i would never consider adding a flat rate bar tab to anyone's bill!! I believe this in reference to a value added special that we are offering INCLUDING $100 bar tab with our compliments for each guest as well as prior night hotel, nitrox, transfers, $65 port fee and complimentary accommodation upgrade (space available)..

Really hope this makes sense now!!! I'm happy and available to take any calls or answer any questions. 604-241-1918. Mike

Hi Layla,

We are sorry that your email was not answered in a timely fashion. Please email dive@nautilusexplorer.com your booking name and trip you are on, with the subject "Scubaboard Booking Information Request" and I will personally attend to it. There must have been a misunderstanding with your agent or typo at your time of booking? Your booking is part of a promotion that we were running that INCLUDES a $100 bar tab on the trip, so it is a bonus, not a forced payment. We never have, nor ever will have a forced bar tab minimum, that would just not make sense. We pride ourselves on transparency and we do not have any hidden fees on the trip.

As for the micro brews. Captain Mike personally flies down his favourite selections of local Canadian brewers who make very high quality small batches of beer for those who wish to have more options on board.

I hope that addresses your concerns and we really look forward to having you on board. The animal encounters have been amazing. If you haven't been following along please check out our blog at Nautilus At Sea to see current daily trip reports on weather, vis and animal encounters. That should definitely get you excited about your upcoming expedition!

Sorry for the double post. Mike and I were writing a response at the same time. I am glad Mike caught the typo on the cost of the micro brew as well.

Happy diving!

:D luckily for me .... I'm not American, I'm British and was only in NC for a short while

But, I know what you me about their larger :shocked2:

I believe 'us' Europeans have the best beer, but I don't drink beer

Nice cup of Tea anyone? :coffee:

You Americans are really clueless... :rolleyes:

What you call a micro brew is what the rest of the world calls beer. That p1ss you consider beer is actually called lager.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom