Navarre Beach Pier 11/8 & Morrisons/Vortex 11/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We plan to dive at Navarre Beach Pier on Saturday 11/8 (start arriving around noon) and eat out somewhere Saturday night and then dive Vortex on Sunday 11/9 (start arriving around 8am) then have a cookout at Vortex for lunch on Sunday.
Stasia has started a thread about 11/9 at Morrisons welcoming Chris home from Iraq so this is in conjunction with that. I posted on this thread about also diving on Saturday but was afraid someone wouldn't read it all and miss the part about diving at Navarre on Saturday. Here is the thread on Sunday:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-deep-dixie/254013-sunday-nov-9th.html

Andy also needs 5 dives this weekend and then number 6 would be his hundredth dive. We are excited about this and hoping he will be able to do it this weekend so that we can also celebrate this with everyone on Sunday. He has problems clearing his ears so that would be the only hindrance to this happening. The thread on this is here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/258919-special-dive-andys-100th-dive.html

Last edited:
Andy would like to invite all his friends/dive buddies to come out for this. :)

Last edited:
rumor is that they had Barney Fife out there writing tickets at Morrison this past weekend to those diving from the boat ramp. $200 fine.

Since they are going out of their way to screw divers, don't support Walton County by spending any money towards their sales tax revenues.

from post #343 of this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/216835-morrison-springs-dead.html

Tom Smedley:
Tis another sad day in the annals of Walton County. There is a series of signs at the boat ramp delaring 'NO SCUBA DIVING."

A group of divers went there today and when they were at the parking lot a wannabe police officer in a beat up car with a "FLORIDA SHERIFF ASSOCIATION" tag on his car stood guard. He menaced the divers with a scowl and went about taking down tag numbers and taking pictures of the potential culprits. Probably alerted Homeland Security on his CEE-BEE. "Breaker Beraker One Nine - Some of them perps is a headed for the sprang!"

As afraid as my friends were they sat there drinking cokes and eating snacks. They figured that if Dudley Dooright was there to watch over them they would let him earn his keep for a long long time.

They finally left and on the way out they passed a Walton County Deputy headed for Morrion at a high rate of speed. Whew - slipped by on the skin of their teeth.

It seems like there is a two-hundred dollar or so fine for diving there now and the deputy wanted some of that revenue. It is comforting to know that the crime rate in Walton County is at such a low that the deputy has nothing to do but race back and forth keeping those dastartly divers out of the spring. Or it could be that revenue is revenue.

Also heard that the promisers are planning on charging admission now. What ever came of promises?

Just sad to know that the leaders of Walton County dropped to a new low level of respect today

Yeah, Mike beat me to it. I think the Morrisons thing should be rethought. I am not looking to make any unplanned donations to Walton County.

That is ashame. Thanks for the warning. I was really looking forward to diving there this weekend. :depressed: We will still plan on doing our dives at Vortex and cooking out there.

As a note, Vortex is in Holmes County, so no tax revenue from Vortex goes to the County that Morrison is in. (Morrison is in Walton County)

The gas stations at hwy 81 and I-10 are in Holmes County also. so those are ok.

Let's not give Walton County our Sales Tax Revenue if they are going to write divers tickets.

Vortex works for me. I have plenty of charcoal and lighter fluid.

Is Sallys in Holmes county?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom