Navarre Beach Road, T.S. Fay Report w/Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went out to Navarre Beach today. We were supposed to still be feeling the affects of Tropical Storm Fay. We had a little rain yesterday....and well, I think the pictures will show you what kind of a day it was at the beach today.

navarrfence3.jpg

navarrfence4.jpg

The main reason I posted some pictures on ScubaBoard is because I wanted to let people know that Navarre Beach road is open out to the State Park now. Sign says the road is open till dark.

As you can see by the pictures the road is covered with sand from the tropical storm. There is one lone large sand dune left out there. The old pavilions are still in a state of dis-repair. Chunks of the old washed out road lay along side the new road.

pavillionnavarrepark.jpg

pavillionsnavarre.jpg

sandyroad.jpg

sandyroad2.jpg

lasthillstanding.jpg

Just thought I would share some sunshine with some of you who haven't seen the sun for a few days. Oh yeah, last one is of my adopted grandson Dayton....just had to throw a picture of him in too.

seaoatsnavarre.jpg

fencedayton.jpg

Beautiful pictures! I canceled 2 days of diving because of Fay and I think I could've dove both days. Oh well..

Well your beach diving would not have been good. Surf was up today and the water was dirty between the sand bar and shore. There was also a lot of jelly fish washed up on shore. I sure hope this bad water clears out soon.

Beautiful pictures! I canceled 2 days of diving because of Fay and I think I could've dove both days. Oh well..

Well your beach diving would not have been good. Surf was up today and the water was dirty between the sand bar and shore. There was also a lot of jelly fish washed up on shore. I sure hope this bad water clears out soon.

Saturday morning before the storm came there was no surf because of that north wind. Today I was supposed to cave dive. oh well there will be more diving in my future.

Yes, it was strangely calm Saturday morning. I am afraid that some of the freshwater sites are going to be flooded for a while. The river levels are looking pretty bad. I think Morrison will be blown out for its grand opening next weekend.

Saturday morning before the storm came there was no surf because of that north wind. Today I was supposed to cave dive. oh well there will be more diving in my future.

Great pictures. I miss the beach's up there. I lived in Navarre for about 3 years. :D

How long ago did you live in Navarre? It has changed quite a bit since Hurricane Ivan...last weekend was the first time we were able to drive out to the old state park that is between Navarre and Pensacola Beach. It looks very different.

Great pictures. I miss the beach's up there. I lived in Navarre for about 3 years. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom