navy nursing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Winters:
The story that I heard about NAS Sigonella is that everyone who goes there for duty takes a rock with them upon departure. This way, one day, Sigonella will disappear.

Yeah...but its still there...:D
I think it has something to do with the requirement of all new arrivals to bring a bigger rock with them...:D

There are always exception to policy at times. Nothing is written in stone especially for the medical side of the house.

My husband was a Navy Corpsman. From what I've been told (I agree with Tom Winters, above) they sometimes grant age waivers for nurses, since this is usually a critical billet.

If not, try the Army. (My husband is now in the Army National Guard and he's seen lots of age waivers granted there for various MOS's.)

You're probably a recruiter's dream, but (and everyone with experience with the military will tell you, even us spouses...) whatever they promise you...GET IT IN WRITING!

If you want to be stationed someplace where you can dive regularly, try Hawaii...there's a huge Navy community on Oahu.

Best wishes!
Trish

well, it's moot now. they never called me back even after 3 or 4 calls in a week, and i got a job somewhere else.

maybe i'll try again later, maybe not. thanks, though, for everyone's input.

Congratulations on the new job, Marci!

thanks! i hope it will work out well. recovery room in a small fairly local hospital...slightly less than an hour's drive! so less time for diving, but more funds!!

Over the years, nurses have earned my most sincere respect. Glad it's working out for you. Congrats on the new job!

P.S. I had my gall bladder removed in December. My recovery room nurse is/was a blur to me, but she gave me pain meds and I will be forever grateful. :) :) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom