Navy Sinks Aircraft Carrier to Create Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Hardly. More than likely, it will be the most overrated.

Why overrated?

Don't you think this huge structure will provide a home for a tremendous amount of sea life? I'm not particularly compelled by wrecks themselves, but I'm fascinated by seeing marine species adopt wrecks as their homes.

Hank49:
Why overrated?
People seem pretty pumped to see an "Aircraft Carrier"...now, picture your swim on the deck.

It would probably be pretty cool as a penetration dive, but since it is an Artificial reef...it will be pretty cleared out.

funkyspelunker:
Don't you think this huge structure will provide a home for a tremendous amount of sea life? I'm not particularly compelled by wrecks themselves, but I'm fascinated by seeing marine species adopt wrecks as their homes.
Most of the wreck is deeper than 130 ft, so even if lots of life adopts it (which they will), its a little deep for most people to examine the life for any length of time.

funkyspelunker:

I agree, I would love to dive this wreck soon and then visit it later to see the difference!

Poog:D

JeffG:
People seem pretty pumped to see an "Aircraft Carrier"...now, picture your swim on the deck.

It would probably be pretty cool as a penetration dive, but since it is an Artificial reef...it will be pretty cleared out.

I see. But think of the fish that'll likely hang out there.

Hank49:
I see. But think of the fish that'll likely hang out there.
It would be a cool dive to do once. I just don't think it is "the most amazing wreck dive of all time!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom