Navy Sinks Aircraft Carrier to Create Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is quite a bit of information on Mighty O under the Florida Conch's forum. Pictures, diagrams, etc.

JeffG:
It would be a cool dive to do once. I just don't think it is "the most amazing wreck dive of all time!"
Dang Jeff, what a killjoy . . .!

Looking forward to "flying" the Scooter off her --me and probably good number of other Scooter Divers (not looking forward to an inevitable mid-water collision though). . .

Kevrumbo:
Looking forward to "flying" the Scooter off her --me and probably good number of other Scooter Divers (not looking forward to an inevitable mid-water collision though). . .
Do some Dog fighting...use a reef hook for the landing. The dive is getting better all the time.

killjoy |?kil?joi| noun - a person who deliberately spoils the enjoyment of others through resentful or overly sober behavior.

JeffG:
Do some Dog fighting...use a reef hook for the landing. The dive is getting better all the time.

Hmmm.... if I'm not mistaken I believe I sense a bit of optimism in JeffG's last comment regarding this diveeyebrow

"this is one small flutter kick for a man, one giant cloud of silt for mankind"

as to how great this dive is... yeah, it'll be a neat dive, but i don't think
it has what it takes to make it a truly great wreck dive.

in my book, great wrecks:

1. happen by accident

2. preferably a long while ago

3. are "snapshots" of the time they sank; and

4. contain artifacts that you can look at and/or bring up

Back
Top Bottom