NC shipwrecks in Google Maps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

packman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The following link is to a google maps page showing the shipwrecks in this area: Shipwrecks of the Carolinas.

This may prove useful to someone coming in from out of the area or new to the area and is unfamiliar with where the shipwrecks are located. There have been maps created and posted previously but I had not seen any that plotted them on a single map. With Google Maps, you can move up and down the coast as well as zoom in or out as desired. I was also able to include a bit of information about each shipwreck: how it got there, when it sank, depth at that site, and any interesting historical notes. If I could find a picture of the ship, I included it as well.

This should have the majority of the more popular wrecks on it but is by no means complete. I am still adding new wrecks to it.

very nice, thanks for sharing

Thanks, great find

This is probably one of the best posts ever posted on Scubaboard. No one can argue about this post. Thanks for sharing!

veeeeerrrrryyy very cool post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom