NC Wreck Diving Trip: July 19-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm considering a trip to North Carolina for the weekend of July 19-20 and would be willing to put together a Scubaboard trip for anyone that's interested.

Anyone who wants to suggest dive ops, wrecks, and/or camping/hotel stuff, post and I'll see what I can put together.

Rachel

If there are seats available...

I and a few friends may be interested in coming up if there is enough interest. Keep me posted. Would like to dive the U-352

I called Olympus and they have ZERO spots for the all-day charters on Saturday and Sunday. They can do 1 tank dives with the boat leaving at 4 pm on both days, but those would be inshore dives. On Friday they have plenty of room for for the 2 tank trip offshore.

If anyone is interested in diving on Friday, I'll probably be there already and would go, but I realize that's not an ideal option.

R

Maybe we can go with Diver Down or another, lesser known operator..

For what its worth Biscut, I am going down from 7/12-7/19. Discovery Diving has very limited weekend spots and plenty of weekday spots. Based on what they say, that is the big time of the year and spots fill up fast. I checked Olympus as well and they are as you said full. They both post charter openings on the web sites that show available spots. I have heared that Olympus kinda runs a cattle boat but is still very good. There is another lesser known op in the area and is less expensive but can not remeber their name. I will try to find it for ya.

Sorry to bump this, but I'm at a loss for a good dive op. Diver's Down is full.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Alternatively I can try to put something together for the fall. Olympus is full on weekends through October, if that gives you any point of reference.

Rachel

and they have an open boat on Saturday, July 19, that can take a maximum of 12 divers and the first one to book can pick the destination.

For Saturday they have an afternoon boat open and some spots still available on the morning boats going to the Normania and the Alexander Ramsey (liberty ship).

They are located in Wilmington and the rates vary by destination. All their charters are 2 tank dives and they include nothing in the package price. Tanks are $9 each.

So, anyone up for a weekend doing a few wrecks?

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom