NCAA Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my screen name says it all

GO NOLES

Oh yeah Netdoc, the Crocs have players in trouble just like most other teams. Is Mo Mitchell still on the team? Thats right Zook let the players vote on that one. J/K.

as I hear it, he hates Miami!

BTW, for what it's really worth... I do really like Bobby Bowden. I have met him several time in person, and think he has a lot of integrity. In fact my Father in Law (Earl Gartman) was Bobby's coach in college (don't ask me which one, as I don't remember). He has all sorts of memorabilia like footballs inscribed "To a coach's coach" and the like.

One day around Thanksgiving over ten years ago, I went to pick up my son at "Papa's" (Papa = Earl) house. As soon as Mama answered the door, I hear this command come from the back room... "Hey Pete, get in here, you just gotta see this!" Even when they are retired, you just don't disobey a coach's orders, so back I went.

There sat my son on Bobby's knee, just a giggling and playing with his new friend. Papa (a jokester, just like me) got a big grin on his face and said "Go ahead Buster, do it again!"

Of course, my well trained son thrust his right hand into the air and with a cry of triumph said "Go Ga-ers!" (He didn't quite have that "t" sound down yet). I am not sure who laughed the hardest, my son, Papa, or Saint Bobby. But I know my son got a tickle for his efforts.

A few years later, Earl died and Bobby came down to do the eulogy. It was a sad time as "Pappa" and "Buster" were incredibly close. No one else ever called my son "Buster"... in fact my nick for him is "Bugs". So imagine my surprise when Bobby came up to him, hugged him, and said "Don't do me like you did before Buster, I don't think I can take that today..." He put the grief of a little boy ahead of his own and he remembered a nickname that he hadn't heard in years. Yeah, I like Bobby... even though he coaches a girls school! :tease: BTW, typing this still brings tears to my eyes.

Netdoc,

Great story, A friend of mine is the D-line coach at FSU (Odell Haggins). I have talked to Bowden a couple of times while visiting Odell. He always will say hi and stop and say a few words. I was just kidding abut the Croc. name. good luck to UF on Sat. I personally think they may need it. We will see.

Until two years ago, I lived in Tallahassee. I gotta tell you, the thing I miss most are the FSU Games. I can only make one a year now :(. I'll be coming up that way for the Colorado game this year, maybe we can get together in Panama City beach and do something. Or better yet, one of the springs.

I've met St. Bowden as well, and agree that he seems to be a good guy. Although it may be sacraledge to say, I'm beginning to hope he retires soon. I'd like to see Mickey Andrews get the job. Anyone who can spit clear across the field for the entire game deinately has my vote. :D

I also like Mike Martin, although I don't like baseball.

mofosaurus once bubbled...
Oklahoma, Arkansas and Tennessee single digit graduation rate! What is up with that? Student-athletes? Yeah alot of Rhode Scholars there

That stretch of I-40 between OKC and Knoxville is not exactly considered Greek Row....LOL :D

Michigan looked good today, but NC State bit the big one at Wake Forest....cudos to Boston College and South Carolina for big wins, but there is no way in the Galaxy that Ohio State is the No. 2 team in the nation! Give me a break!! :rolleyes:

Still waiting on returns from the OU-Bama game and Florida-Miami....

Michigan sure did look good. But, will really need to step up to next week's game. UM v Notre Dame should prove to be a good game.

The best part today was the sun. What a beautiful day to be at the game.

Paula

Well, between bad refs, poor coaching, poor execution, and playing a much better team, Arizona got their a$$ handed to them! 59 to 13, but believe me, the game wasn't that close. Gonna be a long season.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
Well, between bad refs, poor coaching, poor execution, and playing a much better team, Arizona got their a$$ handed to them! 59 to 13, but believe me, the game wasn't that close. Gonna be a long season.

That might have been the final nail in John Mackovic's coffin...:boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom