ndl limit for 130 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI and NOAA on air is 10 minutes, NAUI is 8 minutes.

an old SSI table i have says 5 minutes. DCIEM is 8 minutes.

Xman:
anyone? I am not near any tables and need to find out
Depends which tables you use....

IANTD....10 minutes

NAUI is also 10 minutes.

But that takes in to account time to reach the bottom and time to reach the surface. So, if you were to dive a "perfect" square profile to 130fsw using the NAUI tables and assuming you descend at a rate of 60 feet per minute, and ascended at 30 feet per minute your maximum bottom time would be less than 4 minutes.

Scott

Mine say Doppler 5 and Navy 10

Gary D.

IwakuniDiver:
NAUI is also 10 minutes.

But that takes in to account time to reach the bottom and time to reach the surface. So, if you were to dive a "perfect" square profile to 130fsw using the NAUI tables and assuming you descend at a rate of 60 feet per minute, and ascended at 30 feet per minute your maximum bottom time would be less than 4 minutes.

Scott
That should be time from leaving the surface to leaving the bottom. Bottom to surface isn't counted in the time. So that would be 2 down and 8 on the bottom.

Gary D.

IwakuniDiver:
NAUI is also 10 minutes.

i guess i must have an older table. mine says 8 minutes, with a five minute deco stop if you go to 10 minutes.

Gary D.:
That should be time from leaving the surface to leaving the bottom. Bottom to surface isn't counted in the time. So that would be 2 down and 8 on the bottom.

Gary D.

I know that the Navy Tables are calculated from the time you leave the surface to the time you leave the bottom but I'm pretty sure that the NAUI tables are calculated using your total dive time and max depth achieved rounded up to the nearest 10fsw.

(BTW Andy, you're right, I just looked again, it's 8)

Scott

IwakuniDiver:
I know that the Navy Tables are calculated from the time you leave the surface to the time you leave the bottom but I'm pretty sure that the NAUI tables are calculated using your total dive time and max depth achieved rounded up to the nearest 10fsw.

(BTW Andy, you're right, I just looked again, it's 8)

Scott
Well I don't know NAUI procedures but if their tables are total dive time including descent/ascent/safety then I'm not even sure you'd have time to go to 130ft using 30ft/min ascent speed! :D

Back
Top Bottom