ndl limit for 130 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you can have a little more bottom time if you use the wheel.

130' for 8 min = E Diver Max 11 min
then 80' for 10 = M diver Max 15 Min
then IF you have the Air
45' for 10 min = P diver Max 42 min

Unless I am doing my Multi level wrong.

But for One level, on the wheel at 130' 11 min max

Gary D.:
That should be time from leaving the surface to leaving the bottom. Bottom to surface isn't counted in the time. So that would be 2 down and 8 on the bottom.

Gary D.

Thanks Gary:yelclap: . I was too e-scared to post the right answer that you already covered.

GA Under Water:
Well, you can have a little more bottom time if you use the wheel.

130' for 8 min = E Diver Max 11 min
then 80' for 10 = M diver Max 15 Min
then IF you have the Air
45' for 10 min = P diver Max 42 min

Unless I am doing my Multi level wrong.

But for One level, on the wheel at 130' 11 min max

:yelclap:

oooh....let's go back to the anals of history...back when vinyl records were still hip...the seventies and eighties:doh:

PADI (Rev 02/03) air dive table lists bottom time ndl of 10 minutes for 130 ft
Decor 1974 air dive table lists bottom time ndl of of 10 minutes for 130 ft
US Navy 1974 air Dive table lists bottom time ndl of of 10 minutes for 130 ft

Inteesting is the following:D ....totally useless trivial pursuit data, I know, right.

PADI (Rev 02/03) air dive table lists bottom time ndl of 80 minutes for 50 ft
Decor 1974 air dive table lists bottom time ndl of of 100 minutes for 50 ft
US Navy 1974 air Dive table lists bottom time ndl of of 100 minutes for 50 ft

Source = "Diving for Fun" (Fourth Edition), Joe Strykowski, Decor Corporation (Northfield Illinois), 1974,

The dive times listed in the NAUI table start from descent until you arrive at your safety stop. They do not include the safety stop

If I mention a computer, do I have to stand in a corner?

you just mentioned it, are you typing from the corner?

Kim:
Well...look at it like this......now you can get much longer dives using NAUI tables than you all thought you could to start with! :D

Yup, so if you surface and feel like you are getting DCS, just grab a NAUI table and wave it over your head madly.

limeyx:
Yup, so if you surface and feel like you are getting DCS, just grab a NAUI table and wave it over your head madly.
I'm not quite sure I get your point! :huh:

I'm just referring to the difference in time from a whole dive (surface to surface), and the definition inside Gary's link:
Naui Definition:
Maximum Dive Time (MDT). This is the time you can spend at a given depth without having to do a required decompression stop during ascent. This time is also known as the Maximum Allowable Dive Time.
which seems fairly self-explanatory to me, and also in keeping with what I was taught from both PADI & IANTD.

Kim:
I'm not quite sure I get your point! :huh:

I'm just referring to the difference in time from a whole dive (surface to surface), and the definition inside Gary's link:

which seems fairly self-explanatory to me, and also in keeping with what I was taught from both PADI & IANTD.

My only point was the amusing-ness of all the different tables, and people saying "Ah, if i used the NAUI table compared to the PADI table" (for certain values of NAUI/PADI) "then I can get x or y more minutes"

simply changing/choosing the tables doesn't affect your chances of getting DCS or "going into deco"

AXL72:
oooh....let's go back to the anals of history...

Please, let's go back to the annuls of history. Visiting the anals of history might be a little unpleasant. :11:

Back
Top Bottom