NE Destruction - TSC / DIVESEEKERS.com Finally Up & Running!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayne at DiveSeekers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
To All,
I haven't been able to post since before the storm hit so I just want to say that this storm is truly devastating to the NE! We just finally got power at the Shop, but I personally still have no power at home and am hearing reports that it is going to be several weeks. I know several other Dive Shops that were hit hard with flooding and no power as well. Some Local boats, Independence II, Gypsy Blood & John Jack are OK but the issue is the damage to the marinas and coast line that will prevent divers from going out. Got to watch the news (for the first time) last night for 30 mins and the destruction across the whole NJ, NY, LI, Staten Island area is just crazy. Gas lines are just ridiculous and now we have set days (depending on license plate #) that we can get gas. We all know about the homes and lives lost/crushed so my heart goes out to those people and I am just so thankful to still have my family and a roof over my head and now a job to go to.

From a Diving perspective, this whole thing maybe very crippling to the Divers here in the NE and our local diving industry. As for us, we (our shop) are just so lucky (Fully Stocked with Inventory, only lost power, NO Flooding) because we are inland, there are a lot of shops that are by the water and are flooded out so I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for them that they can bounce back. We started (bouncing back) this weekend by being open and our orders will start shipping out on Monday.

If your local shop gets up and running, feel free to post here, that they are back in business. I am sure they (the shop) will appreciate it!

Wayne,
Glad to hear you guys are up and running again! If you guys are desperate for gas, many of the stations south of you are finally starting up again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom