Near Miss on the Marissa Dive Boat (5/15/11) - San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have definitely offered free air for sure.

SoCal boat I frequent includes tank and air in the charter, not to mention awesome food and company for far less than NC boats.

Unfortunately they are bit too far so I don't get there nearly often enough.

Glad everything turned out ok and everyone was safe.

On a side note (it is our English Lanugage that is to blame) a "Near Miss" means you didn't have a "Miss". I know it isn't your fault...just our dumb language. :D :wink:

I take the phrase "near miss" to mean that something was a miss, but was perhaps near to not being a miss (vs. missing by a country mile, say). So the phrase makes sense to me as it is typically used.

I take it that something was amiss, but missed being a hit :)

:) I don't want to mess up this thread (*blush*) so I am going to make a OT post hopefully in the proper forum to discuss our wacky language. :wink:

On a side note (it is our English Lanugage that is to blame) a "Near Miss" means you didn't have a "Miss". I know it isn't your fault...just our dumb language. :D :wink:

Actually I don't think "near miss" is correct English at all. Let's not blame the language.

Actually I don't think "near miss" is correct English at all. Let's not blame the language.

... most of us don't live in England ... and don't speak English ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's interesting. I would have just thought it was "a miss," which sounds acceptable to me, and then qualified by "near," to show that it was a close shave (so to speak :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom