Near miss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU

Contributor
Reaction score
Boynton Beach/ former Long Island, NY (THE ISLAND)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FB_IMG_1491354075932.jpg
Last Sunday diving out of Boynton Beach Florida on a dive south of the inlet (around Delray) had a scary event. We were drift diving, after surfacing, I noted the dive boat to the south of me picking up other divers. I heard a roar in the distance to the north of me. This boat was headed my way. Sometimes it appeared to turn slightly to the east, but then back towards me. It was moving at least three times as fast as the dive boat. I dropped down below the surface but then decided I wasn't deep enough. As I bolted down this boat ran right over my head, not more than 5 feet over my head. Someone on board did get a picture of the "ace hole"

Deeplou, glad to hear you're, too. Just curious, were you able to look up and see the roster tail from the props (I did in my one similar close-call years ago)?

That is scary stuff. Glad you had your ears on and wits about you (since apparently having a flag did nothing!).

Was your flag clipped off to you? Good thing the line didn't get caught in the prop if so.

Well, look at the bright side. At least you were almost run over by a really nice boat. With my luck, some leaky scow or bagged out old sailboat would hit me.

glad your OK and safe...............were you on a paid charter?....private boater in Florida have no clue.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom