neck seal too tight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
i bought 2 suits off ebay the other day for 180.00 belive it or not lol..ones by harvey which fits real good except the neck seal is way too tight..is there a way to stretch it so its not too tight?and by the way the other suit is made by body glove and its practically brand new..anyways any help would be apreciated very much..thanks everyone..

neoprene or latex?

If it is latex and cone shaped there are normally "rings" inside to use as a guide to cut to make it bigger. If you are not sure ask somoene.

If neoprene I'll have to leave that to someone else as I have never owened one of those....

Neoprene neck seals will take a set; find something to stuff inside & let sit overnight. Try a juice can or coffee can, something just a tad larger than your neck.
The neoprene will resume its choking characteristics over the next day or so, but will be fine if you remove the "plug" just before the dive.
After it is well broken in you can get away with a little snipping, but only if it needs it REAL bad.
BTW, I have that seam tape here, you need directions for "shrinking" your neoprene neck seal?
How many suits do you have now???

lol i have 3 now one for my son and 2 for me..i couldnt pass on these 2 the price was too good..the one suit was never in the water and by the way thanks for the help..can you pm me about buying some of the neoprene tape from you..thanks..

I have a neoprene neck seal and it was extremely tight for my neck the first couple of times I dove it. I was very uptight about stretching it. I didn't want to mess it up. I actually used a roll of paper towels. The big industrial type. Make the roll about 2" inches bigger than your neck and let it sit for 1 day. Take it out for a day, then put it back in the day before you go diving. This method worked very well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom